New Guy coming to Fresno (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, looks like I'm relocating from Orange County to Fresno by the end of May.
I will be near the 99 freeway around Riverside Golf Club, hope to see some mudders around town. If you see a Silver 80 series with shinny wheels on 37's, that will be me ;)

on a side note, anyone around that is good with a head gasket? I have pretty much all the parts ready to go including a machined and revalved head, arp studs, hoses, water pump, engine rebuild kit, ect....
I'm not a mechanic but I can help and maybe provide some ARB gear for your hard work.

Looking forward to meeting up with some central valley mudders :)

Last edited:
Are you bringing your tailgate storage lids with you? :worms:I "need" more side jobs and projects, though I haven't done a 1FZ-FE head gasket yet.

I'm sorry to hear than you are moving to the arm pit of California... must have been a difficult decision. But since your coming we'll make the best of it. I live an hour South of that area. It will be good to have another 80 in the area. Your about an hour away from some of the best trails South of the Rubicon.
I've done a HG, make sure you do all the while your there stuff. How is the rear ARB mount project in the quarter panel coming along?

Gary

Last edited:
It would be great to have you at a club meeting, We meet at Ryans place in Visaila for now the first Tuesday of each month at 630

I'm sorry to hear than you are moving to the arm pit of California... must have been a difficult decision. But since your coming we'll make the best of it. I live an hour South of that area. It will be good to have another 80 in the area. Your about an hour away from some of the best trails South of the Rubicon.
I've done a HG, make sure you do all the while your there stuff.

Gary

This is a rough draft I made for my friend to mount his invertor.

6BDF6112-BB8A-4070-BF5F-C9316BB5642E_zps522yh7cn.jpg

80590986-D244-4545-9861-D3AE6AA30879_zpsnben3nsv.jpg

1/8" it's plenty strong when fastened down in the right places :)

Last edited:
Bending or breaking the edge like that adds strength to it so it's looking good there.

Aloha Socallove

Welcome to the desert , we call the Central Valley. Hope U can find the time to join us at a meeting or on the trail sometime this summer.

Thank you for the offer, I have an fj62 to work with right now.
I managed to move everything to Fresno, put in my two day notice so I'm a free man after Wednesday. I will be working on the FJ60 quarter panel storage, then finish up the 80 quarter panel, then make my aluminum pop up tent.

I have an idea for an aluminum roof rack, with a concealed light bar on front.

So are you the guy with all the aluminum stuff? Do you have a a large break to bend stuff?

I have a 10' break but manual so the The kiss I can bend is 1/8"
I help my dad manufacture business signs so we don't need to bend anything over 1/8"

So who wants tailgate storage lids?
I have an used FJ80 from my truck, this one is kind of special, it was the first unit made and it has a 4 feet ruler.
I have a new FJ80 with new latches, I can bring these up sometime this weekend or Monday.

I also have 2 new FJ60 tailgate lids I just fabricated this week.

Used FJ80 - $300
New FJ80 - $470
New x 2 FJ60 - $440

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom