New from the Cleveland area (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Ted, thanks for asking but it is staying together for now. Her fate is still to be decided. It's a good running truck with rusty frame and no title. :🤷:

New here as well. New to me 1978 FJ40. Any recs for good LC mechanics in NEO?
Welcome! I haven't really found any here on the westside. I have done most of my work myself. I used to work at a dealership so I know a couple technicians that I trust. Mine is currently getting the front main seal as well as oil pump cover gasket being done. As well as fixing some of the lovely rust I have.

Thanks! I can handle some of the basics - needs a water pump, etc, This beast is running a little rough and it seems like there aren't too many folks around who tune carbs anymore. I'm looking at Rising Sun Automotive in Chardon - a hike for you but I've seen a couple of mentions here.

Risingsungroup.net/Auto/Rising1.htm

Thanks! I can handle some of the basics - needs a water pump, etc, This beast is running a little rough and it seems like there aren't too many folks around who tune carbs anymore. I'm looking at Rising Sun Automotive in Chardon - a hike for you but I've seen a couple of mentions here.

Risingsungroup.net/Auto/Rising1.htm
Luckily, we have one of the carb gurus in Cbus. Depending on what you need, Im in Akron and can help. PM me and I’ll give you my contact info.

Jesse

Hi CLE, I'm on Willo up closer to detroit. That LC on Scwartz last year or two ago just broke down there, it was sold off. I own the NRDQ
Small world!

Hi CLE, I'm on Willo up closer to detroit. That LC on Scwartz last year or two ago just broke down there, it was sold off. I own the NRDQ
Small world!
I am now the proud owner of that one lol! Having a friend put on a new door and paint right now.

LOL The seller of that truck -he was clueless. The CL advert said it was somewhere else (elyria?) than it was, (but the pic matched a local truck) so suspected a scam. I researched the house address and found the owner, researched it, and then responded to the c/l advert asking questions about the home owner to see if he was legit. It freaked him out that I knew so much. He placed the deceptive advert to protect the guy who was 'storing' the truck, and I come along knowing where the storage guy worked (via facebook), well it scared him bad as I had WAY TOO MUCH info from his c/l advert. I might have made him cry, really.. on the phone he yelled "WHO ARE YOU?, you are scaring me, please don't call again!" I just wanted to buy it. Did he perhaps mention another buyer who scared him? oh well.. what did you pay for it? is it a locker? I never got to inspect it other than a drive by.

LOL The seller of that truck -he was clueless. The CL advert said it was somewhere else (elyria?) than it was, (but the pic matched a local truck) so suspected a scam. I researched the house address and found the owner, researched it, and then responded to the c/l advert asking questions about the home owner to see if he was legit. It freaked him out that I knew so much. He placed the deceptive advert to protect the guy who was 'storing' the truck, and I come along knowing where the storage guy worked (via facebook), well it scared him bad as I had WAY TOO MUCH info from his c/l advert. I might have made him cry, really.. on the phone he yelled "WHO ARE YOU?, you are scaring me, please don't call again!" I just wanted to buy it. Did he perhaps mention another buyer who scared him? oh well.. what did you pay for it? is it a locker? I never got to inspect it other than a drive by.
HAHA! Its is triple locked. I did have to pay for it but paid way less than they were asking. It really didn't take a ton to get it up and running and now its pretty solid. Having some of the rust repaired so that way my wife stops complaining. While its there another friend is doing the front main seal and the oil pump gasket. I spoke with a woman so who knows maybe he wouldn't risk talking to anyone after you!

If I think back, I did not talk to the seller, I got an email back that said don't email me any more you are scaring me, I assumed it was a guy but maybe not. Oh well, I hope you got a nice truck and I'm glad you saved it!

@CLEcruiser @squatch I should have my truck back by late Feb early March (time is the price you pay when a friend does the work). We should do a meet up. Maybe at dunkin donuts since we are all so close. Anyone else in the Cleveland area would be more than welcome as well.

I have a good spot for a GTG and even have some good photo shoot locations, so forget Dunkin, when you guys are ready for it we can gather at my place.

I've been invited to meet a couple of Toyota buddies at Southington Offroad Park this Sunday, 3/7/21. It's SE of Cleveland a ways, near Warren OH if anyone is interested!

I've been invited to meet a couple of Toyota buddies at Southington Offroad Park this Sunday, 3/7/21. It's SE of Cleveland a ways, near Warren OH if anyone is interested!
The one weekend I'm not around!

Great place. I took my 80 there last summer. Lots of fun with my kid. If you have the opportunity to go with other toyotas do it. I think I saw one 4runner while I was there. Mostly Jeeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom