New dash mounts for 16 Lx and 08 Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks,

You might have caught my earlier posts about the dash mounts for:
These will be available for order next week.
After the above posts, I got a bunch of messages asking about mounts for 08 Cruisers or 16+ LX. So, here they are:

Dash mount for 2008 Cruiser

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 7.56.12 PM.png

Dash mount for 2016 LX
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 7.54.20 PM.png

---------------------

I've got a prototype of each in hand and looking for 2 testers, to check 'em out for free and drop some feedback:
  • These prototypes are over 90% finished, pretty much twins to the final version.
  • Testers need to have some #10 3/4" screws to secure it to the speaker cover. Snap a pic of the speaker cover's backside after you're done (I don't have a test vehicle, therefore, need to see how they fit).
  • I'd also like a shot of how you're using the mount – an interior pic of your accessories mounting to the dash mount.
  • Lastly, the mount's angle – want it tilting more towards you or the windshield?
DM me if you are interested.
Cheers!

Is it just the track mounting to the existing speaker grill or is it a complete cover with the track that replaces the stock speaker grill?

Hey guys, thanks for your patience. The dash mounts are finally available for order.

Before you place an order, there are a couple of things I should clarify:

• This is my weekend project outside of my 8-5 job. I designed the first mount for my 2011 LX and started to develop additional versions using that base design. The part is developed by an enthusiast, not someone from the auto parts industry. (And that's why all the delays…)
  • The initial batch is all 3D printed with a plastic composite, so you'll notice a unique surface finish due to the nature of this manufacturing method.
  • The material is heat-resistant up to 144°F. I've been using the mount in my LX with a tablet and an AirPlay screen for a couple of months now, and it has held up very well.
  • The product comes with a 3D printed dash mount, a hardware pack, and a one-pager instruction. You'll need to drill into your speaker cover to install the mount.
  • I have a very limited stock available, so act fast if you want one!
  • Lastly, since Christmas vacation is approaching, I'll do my best to fulfill orders placed before Dec 24. However, any orders placed after the 24th won't be shipped out before the new year.

You can order the dash mounts on my website here. (leatheranddirt.com)

Happy holidays!

Installed and love it. After removing the grill, just lined it up, drilled middle-forward hole and screwed that in. Then drilled all the other holes and put the screws and nuts on. Took about 15 mins.

Just waiting on ram mounts to come in.

20231229_170501.jpg

20231229_170507.jpg

20231229_170514.jpg

Installed mine today, love how clean it looks.

One note: I couldn't slide the ball to the front rail; I probably need a slimmer one. Otherwise, it's absolutely worth it.

PXL_20240104_212648222_Original.jpeg
PXL_20240112_123808252_Original.jpeg

Installed mine today, love how clean it looks.

One note: I couldn't slide the ball to the front rail; I probably need a slimmer one. Otherwise, it's absolutely worth it.

View attachment 3531049View attachment 3531066
I was using the standard Ram ball and ‘ihytoon ball mount’ from amazon on it, there is enough clearance for those 2.
There are so many different t-nut options out there, and quite difficult to make it competitive with all of them unfortunately.

I'm clearing out my inventory! If anyone still needs these mounts, feel free to order at Leatheranddirt.com. Mounts for 08-15MY are marked down by 20%!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom