NEW BLOG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
backcountryadventuretime.com
So, I started a blog. It may interest some of you. Over the summer I have compiled a lot of pictures, videos, GPS tracks, etc. for all the adventures that I have gone on this summer. Full disclosure, you might see familiar faces, pictures you took, and I mention people by first name.

I am proud of it so far but would love criticism or suggestions for improvements. I want this thing to look halfway professional. I also would love to have people submit content. I am not a photographer unfortunately, I only have what other people have sent me and the small number of pictures that I took with my iPad. That should change when I sell out and get an iPhone soon. Then I can be THAT GUY.

It’s called Backcountry Adventure Time with Finn. For those of you who don’t know that is my dog. I am one of those dog obsessed types. Adventure time is a stupid cartoon with the main character's name is Finn (that's not who he's named after, clearly it's the black storm trooper from star wars) And Backcountry because you need “backcountry” in the title to fit into the Bozeman lifestyle.

Focus will obviously be Toyotas and exploring the amazing area we live in. And pictures of my dog, tons of those. Stories from the trails, leading up to, memories that might have been forgotten. Tips and tricks I learned, knowledge I want to share. Something to keep me from trolling the forums.

backcountry adventure time with finn

Last edited:
ill post tomorrow, bright and early. Got a short list of things to do before its "ready"

Very nice! Well done!

Really fantastic work!! Kudos to you and Finn. You both have been such a welcome and fun addition to the club.

Nice! I would suggest checking the aspect ratio of site. On my 23" monitor (16:9 aspect ratio) the site only covers 2/3 of my screen horizontally and give an odd look as the right third is just a black bar. From making my own photography sites, making a site compatible with all screen sizes is a big thing so that people can enjoy the site on any device and have it look good and work well. Otherwise nice work!

Nice! I would suggest checking the aspect ratio of site. On my 23" monitor (16:9 aspect ratio) the site only covers 2/3 of my screen horizontally and give an odd look as the right third is just a black bar. From making my own photography sites, making a site compatible with all screen sizes is a big thing so that people can enjoy the site on any device and have it look good and work well. Otherwise nice work!

i have had some feedback that when people look at it on the phone that it looks weird too. they complain about the photos that are not thumbnails. i'm still on a free account, so i'm using a free template. might just pay the 5$ a month to have more freedom. that's how they get you. aspect ratio is something i cannot edit, but i have the option to do something with the "black bar" your referring to. Funny thing is you i don't see it because i'm usually only on it on my iPad. Must be the templates way of fulling the space between phone/tablet/browsers viewers. ill just add a nice picture of trees or something.

thanks for the feedback. Its only going to get better, at least i hope.

Last edited:
i have had some feedback that when people look at it on the phone that it looks weird too. they complain about the photos that are not thumbnails. i'm still on a free account, so i'm using a free template. might just pay the 5$ a month to have more freedom. that's how they get you. aspect ratio is something i cannot edit, but i have the option to do something with the "black bar" your referring to. Funny thing is you i don't see it because i'm usually only on it on my iPad. Must be the templates way of fulling the space between phone/tablet/browsers viewers. ill just add a nice picture of trees or something.

thanks for the feedback. Its only going to get better, at least i hope.

Yeah I hear ya. Not sure if there is an option of butting the black bar on both sides, it could make it a bit more even feeling at the very least. I know how it is with them making ya pay for the nice stuff, I use and have to pay for squarespace personally.

it is not an option. but i added a nice scenery picture so ah well..looks good for now. maybe ill add more of my lame illustrator art.
most people are on their phones anyways and don't see it.

the best part about word press i didn't find out until after i started is that they block like half of the HTML codes that are available unless you have a business account(25$ a month but you gotta pay it all up front). This is what i have to get to post the actual maps of the GPS traces and routes, not a picture of it with a link to the actual like i have now. I'm figuring out way around it and looking into other hosting services possibly. one thing at a time. i have like 6 months of summer fun to sort through.

Thanks Johhny!

Added a ton of new posts..caught up on trail rides through July! tons of photos and some vids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom