New battery for 2010 LX570 questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to get a new battery for my 2010 LX. The dealer pricing is about $1500 for a battery. Am I missing something? I know Lexus stuff is expensive, but what is so different about the OEM battery that would cause a 10x price increase between the OEM battery and a top battery from a place like Auto Zone or something?

Any third party batteries you guys would suggest?

Thanks in advance.

$1500 made me think WTF? Are we talking about the basic lead acid batt underhood or some other uber part?

I now see that you're from Panama and we may not be talking about US Dollars.

The LX takes a group 27F sized battery that should be available from most auto parts stores including Auto Zone. Pay attention to where the positive and negative poles are on the battery. Otherwise, nothing really special in the procedure to replace it.

$1500 made me think WTF? Are we talking about the basic lead acid batt underhood or some other uber part?

I now see that you're from Panama and we may not be talking about US Dollars.

The LX takes a group 27F sized battery that should be available from most auto parts stores including Auto Zone. Pay attention to where the positive and negative poles are on the battery. Otherwise, nothing really special in the procedure to replace it.
I'm an American, and they deal in US dollars here, same as the U.S. It's ok. I'll just go to an auto parts store and get a 27f battery and drop it in. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, like the battery for the LX has some special requirement or something.

Thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated.

The first time you start after battery replacement, the engine will stall. That's normal.

You'll need to reset a few things like the auto power windows (hold down or was it up once the glass reaches the limits for a few seconds), rear hatch, power seats...that sort of thing.

Agree. Try to find the highest quality parts-store 27F you can and you'll be golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom