-- New 85 BJ70 3B Owner Looking for Turbo Upgrade -- (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So did dealer take it back and they are reselling or are you selling on eBay? Still confused on outcome. Congrats on the Diesel 80!!

I’m having them sell it for me .. I would have kept the vehicle as I LOVE that body style .. I believe that body style is the most iconic land cruiser I have ever seen .. I really like the wheel geometries but I’m not that wealthy to sink $50k into that vehicle to get it where I want it .. Instead I chose function over form .. The 80 series HDJ81 24v cruiser is solid, low miles and doesn’t look like it’s ever been off road .. If I put a mild lift (Old man Emu Adjustables) and change front / rear bumpers / add skid plates and a few other things I don’t expect to spend more than $10k on that stuff ..

The 5th gen Toyota diesels are said (by the Aussies) to be the best Diesel engines that Toyota has ever made .. The higher revving diesel / smogged Diesel engines just don’t last as long .. The Aussies say they are one million km / 600,000 mile plus engines .. Left hand drive HDJ81’s go for $40k - $60k if you can find one .. I recently found and posted on mud a RHD 1995 from England that was going for $15k US but it was most likely a smog’ed version .. That is why I opted for a Japanese version as I really don’t care if I drive on the right side .. When I was in Japan in the Navy I’ve driven a RHD vehicle .. Pretty weird driving on the wrong side of the road ..

At one point I almost purchased a BJ51 .. It was in great shape, was on a fresh rebuilt engine but the one thing that stopped me was the manual tranny .. I had a 72 SS camero that was nicely set up .. The competition clutch was a real job to use .. I’m 62 and automatics appeal to me because of medical issues ..

I should have spent more time looking at functionality but that BJ70 still appeals to me esthetically ..

So did dealer take it back and they are reselling or are you selling on eBay? Still confused on outcome. Congrats on the Diesel 80!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom