New 70 series Members say hi here first. Chit chat ok (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brownbear

Mod in Hibernation
Threads
[size=+1] Hello New 70 series members! This is the place to introduce yourself.

Please come in here to show your truck and describe yourself.

Also you can enter into the registry thread too.

All new welcome threads can go in here too.

Welcome to the 70 series section! :beer:[/size]

Welcome to the board!

feel free to post pics of your truck or wheeling in here.

Where about's is the Atacama Desert in Chile? Only place in Chile I have been is La Serena.... beautiful place.

Gday fellow landcruiser owners my name is Aaron iam from Queensland Australia.I own a 92 model HZJ75 4.2 diesel 2"efs leaf springs, Rancho shocks, Superior Exdended Shackles, Arb winch bar, scrub bars,Arb Front Airlocker, 9500lb magnium winch, Narva 175 optima blue spot lights, Diff and gearbox exdended breathers, Airtech Snorkel.

Next mods Uhf and 33"tyres maybe 35"tyres custom steal tray....

Merry Christmas to all and keep the shiny side up.....

Cheers AZZA:) :cheers:

Last edited:
Nice ute mate ,lots of potential,got one myself;)

:flipoff2:

Last edited:
No different Azza mate but nice to talk to a fellow 70 series owner looks like you have the best of both worlds.But iam a member of OL and have been for quite awhile..Cheers Azza

No different Azza mate but nice to talk to a fellow 70 series owner looks like you have the best of both worlds.But iam a member of OL and have been for quite awhile..Cheers Azza

Is that a alloy tray. Im thinking of ditching my old heavy steel one for something lighter. I keep wondering how much extra juice that steel tray uses running around with nothing in it.

Put your details and pics in the registery if you want;)

Yeah mate thats a alloy tray but i think steal is better less bounce and tends to stick to the road better more weight over the rear axle..But on the other hand it wont rust one less thing for me to worry about.Think about a rainy day going around a round about i have to be very careful.:mad:

Do you think i should delete my post and repost in the registery...

Yeah mate thats a alloy tray but i think steal is better less bounce and tends to stick to the road better more weight over the rear axle..But on the other hand it wont rust one less thing for me to worry about.Think about a rainy day going around a round about i have to be very careful.:mad:

Do you think i should delete my post and repost in the registery...

Some weight on the axle does give them a nicer ride too but I mainly intend it for camping and it has plenty of weight with fridge and genny and swags and beer and more beer:D

Later on I want to buy a Trackadata slide on slide off 2 person camper which weighs 660kg

You can only have one pic in the registery so make it your best and biggest.
Read the rules 1st. Leave this post here as I am sure when the mercans and canucks get out of bed they will have a chat too which cant be done in the registery ;)

Whow lots of new folks, Welcome to the board.

Nice pics.. Thanks Rosco, this is the place to say hi and chat if yah want. So please like Rosco says leave the pics in here.

Have a great holiday!

Hi guys,I'm from Namibia.I'm busy rebuilding a cruiza in the hardcore corner.I don't know what the Phoenix will be when it is finished!It's a 75 cab on a 62 chassis.Maybe a 72?
Seasons Greetings
B.

Very interesting ,I was thinking about that myself sometimes. Some pics would nice;)
Oh and welcome to the 70 forum

Hello

Hello to you all and thanks Woody for the warm wlcome.
I live in New Zealand, South Island, Christchurch. I'am a Motor Mechanic with 45yrs in the trade , both petrol and diesel, big and small.
I own two 4WD's , 92 Toyota Surf 2LTE , a daily driver and the odd shiny trip. 87 Toyota FJ70 3F SWB, 35" tyres, F/R ARB diff locks, custom built F/R springs. TJM Front Bar, Self built Rear and Side bars.
Receiver mounted Warn Winch. 96 Prado Front Seats, AM CB, PRS radio, plus all the other bits you collect over years of 4WDing. The 70 is used for hard trips, local competitons,and every chance I get to drive it.
Will have to learn how to navigate this site and then want to catch up with a Mark Wattlee( not sure of the spelling) I believe he Is the man to talk to regarding fully sealed Toyota 3F distributors.

FITZY.

Hello to you all and thanks Woody for the warm wlcome.
I live in New Zealand, South Island, Christchurch. I'am a Motor Mechanic with 45yrs in the trade , both petrol and diesel, big and small.
I own two 4WD's , 92 Toyota Surf 2LTE , a daily driver and the odd shiny trip. 87 Toyota FJ70 3F SWB, 35" tyres, F/R ARB diff locks, custom built F/R springs. TJM Front Bar, Self built Rear and Side bars.
Receiver mounted Warn Winch. 96 Prado Front Seats, AM CB, PRS radio, plus all the other bits you collect over years of 4WDing. The 70 is used for hard trips, local competitons,and every chance I get to drive it.
Will have to learn how to navigate this site and then want to catch up with a Mark Wattlee( not sure of the spelling) I believe he Is the man to talk to regarding fully sealed Toyota 3F distributors.

FITZY.

Welcome to the forum. Please when you get the time enter your vehicles in the registry and maybe post a picture.

Cheers, BB

Hello from Costa Rica

Hi, my name is Niels Cruz and i live in Costa Rica, Central America. I own a 2003 HZJ71 Land Cruiser (SWB, 6 cylinder 1HZ engine diesel) with Toyota E-lockers front and rear and a/c.
I bought it and have done some improvements:
Old Man Emu suspension
ARB winch bull bar with warn 8274 winch
IPF waterproof lights
IPF headlights and bulbs
Safari Snorkel
ARB roof rack
Procomp Wheels
Bridgestone 285/75 R16 MT´s
front RAV 4 bucket seats
rear Trooper seat
The truck has 135 HP and 185 of torque; it makes 32km/gallon in the city.
I´ll post some pics after i take them.
In my country you´ll find troop carriers (ambulances), pick up trucks and swb 70 series, as well as 40´s (tow trucks) 60´s, 80´s, 90´s, 100´s and 120´s series everywhere.
Thanks for allowing me to share experiences with you guys!

Neils, welcome to the board. Sounds like a kick ass truck. Love to see a picture of it.

Cheers, BB

Hzj71

Hi Brownbear!
I took some pics in my garage, it is night now, so the pics are not very nice, but since you want to see it, let go:
hzj7101.jpg

hzj7102.jpg

hzj7103.jpg

By the way, i´m the dealer of ARB in Costa Rica, that´s the reason of the stickers...
Hope you like it, you can see the front coils and also rear leafs; it has a 5 lug 5x150mm bolt patterns, which makes very difficult to get the wheels, the reast of the truck is the same as in 1987, maybe the grill and side markers are different.
regards

By the way, i´m the dealer of ARB in Costa Rica, that´s the reason of the stickers...
Hope you like it, you can see the front coils and also rear leafs; it has a 5 lug 5x150mm bolt patterns, which makes very difficult to get the wheels, the reast of the truck is the same as in 1987, maybe the grill and side markers are different.
regards

you should also have the 4.3 gears as well as the 5 bolt pattern... no?
we never would have guessed you are a ARB dealer...LOL!!

very nice looking rig there...
congrates

thanks for the picture. Cool looking rig!

I would say you have the most amount of gadgets on the dash I have seen. Gps...etc...? what all is on there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom