New 200 roof rack option (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bumping this as i am waiting on more information from Westcott regarding mounting interface and overall width and load capacity specifically for LX flush rails which i am trying my damn-dest to keep.

As far as I know and someone please confirm, this is the only half or 3/4 rack that fits inside factory roof rails that offers any sort of real load floor.

Any other suggestions please let me know. Wife is bugging me for the rack for some time and a real camping trip.

Bumping this as i am waiting on more information from Westcott regarding mounting interface and overall width and load capacity specifically for LX flush rails which i am trying my damn-dest to keep.

As far as I know and someone please confirm, this is the only half or 3/4 rack that fits inside factory roof rails that offers any sort of real load floor.

Any other suggestions please let me know. Wife is bugging me for the rack for some time and a real camping trip.
I emailed wescott also. It’s 3/4 rack with inserts nobody has ordered without inserts when I asked. The height above factory cross bars is approx 1.75inches. It sits inside the factory cross bars. I am also interested in how it mounts and was told they would send pictures later after an install they were doing.

I emailed wescott also. It’s 3/4 rack with inserts nobody has ordered without inserts when I asked. The height above factory cross bars is approx 1.75inches. It sits inside the factory cross bars. I am also interested in how it mounts and was told they would send pictures later after an install they were doing.

Thats apparently happening this week and was told i would get some photos too.
They are aware of how little info they are providing for a $1500 3/4 rack at least.
Im giving them benefit of the doubt since its a new product but otherwise i probably wouldn't be so patient.
Kind of desperate for a good rack though.

IMHO it's a fantastic option, it's the asking price that's the issue.

IMHO it's a fantastic option, it's the asking price that's the issue.

Someone gonna have to bite and report on quality. Probs me. If they tell me 6 weeks then im out though lololol

If it was about 1k I think that would sell me. 1.5k is a bit steep. And my issue with 3/4 is it solves some things I am looking to do but compared to full size doesn’t offer near the expanded options that I might decide to do down the road. Awnings wont work well and I already bought a nice front runner camp table which keeps telling me to just do the full front runner rack eventually.

Will this size allow for an RTT if we ever get one?
Doesnt seem like it would but i dont know about how they are built or there are cantileverd tents etc as I have yet to dive into that purchase and research the options.

I would be surprised if this rack fit on any LX570 OEM roof rails. The pre-2016 rails are not the same distance apart as the LC rails, and the 2016 isn't even in the same ball park as far as how they mount. On the pre-2016, the rails are about 1/2" closer together, so you can't fix the issue by adding a spacer between the rails and mounts. Unless there is already room built into their LC mounts to accommodate making the center section skinnier.

I would be surprised if this rack fit on any LX570 OEM roof rails. The pre-2016 rails are not the same distance apart as the LC rails, and the 2016 isn't even in the same ball park as far as how they mount. On the pre-2016, the rails are about 1/2" closer together, so you can't fix the issue by adding a spacer between the rails and mounts. Unless there is already room built into their LC mounts to accommodate making the center section skinnier.

Did not know the inside widths differed, thanks. And this is despite the inter-swappable LC<>LX rails correct?
Is there any info on this? Im starting to dread all of the obscure googling it takes for simple dimensions...

Im right there with you though, and im assuming my rails are the furthest apart of the three. MY LX is at the dealer right now or i would be measuring.
Thats kind of the best case scenario, being able to adapt to more width.
Im hoping this rack is the one as its been one cock block after the other with the '16+ with aftermarket support.
I was even going to buy those CRZR ind. modular milled cross bars but those are a 70KG load. That means im too fat for them by myself.

The Westcott sales guy said that they were installing one on an LX but i could be mistaken. I was talking and working.

Will this size allow for an RTT if we ever get one?
Doesnt seem like it would but i dont know about how they are built or there are cantileverd tents etc as I have yet to dive into that purchase and research the options.
My opinion bad choice for RTT. You need very good dynamic load ratings for RTT and I would not expect those ratings to be very good for this rack given the way it mounts. Not to mention the length of this rack as well being 3/4 length.

Did not know the inside widths differed, thanks. And this is despite the inter-swappable LC<>LX rails correct?
Is there any info on this? Im starting to dread all of the obscure googling it takes for simple dimensions...

Im right there with you though, and im assuming my rails are the furthest apart of the three. MY LX is at the dealer right now or i would be measuring.
Thats kind of the best case scenario, being able to adapt to more width.
Im hoping this rack is the one as its been one cock block after the other with the '16+ with aftermarket support.
I was even going to buy those CRZR ind. modular milled cross bars but those are a 70KG load. That means im too fat for them by myself.

The Westcott sales guy said that they were installing one on an LX but i could be mistaken. I was talking and working.
The rails themselves are what is different. So you if you try to mount an LX crossbar to a LC rail setup, it will be too short. So I imagine likewise, if you try to mount a LC crossbar (e.g. this rack) to LX rails, it will be too wide.

I haven't seen a 16+ LX roof rail up close, but based on what the cross bars look like, the attachment methods are not even remotely the same. I'm sure Westcott could fab a bracket to attach their rack to, but it would be a completely different part.

Here's a picture of what you have to do to a LX crossbar to fit it on LC rails. Also a closeup of how it attaches to the rail.

950ab29c-831e-456f-9b5b-b4d025950789-jpeg.2703587

Does anyone know if there is a similar option for a 2011 lx? Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a similar option for a 2011 lx? Thanks
Put on TLC oem rails, then this westcott product would fit.

Anyone who is taking the rail feet loose please be aware that the underneath clips will spin if you don’t take the bolts out slowly, alternating about 3mm each bolt.

Many threads of tears if you go looking.

Still have this rack in mind.🤨

Still have this rack in mind.🤨
They are coming out with a full-length one for the LC200 soon. It will be similar style to Prinsu. I had inquired about whether the current offering could accommodate a RTT or an awning. They told me no but then showed me an early spec of the new, full-length rack that is coming out. I don't know about timing, price, loads, etc but looks pretty nice.

Yea I didn't catch the second charge originally, it all but eliminates on that alone. I really liked the Rhino Rack I had on the GX and I still like the look of the Prinsu but I didn't care for their QC or finish.
Had this rack arrive to the house today. I’m hoping the quality of the product matches the quality of their packing. They definitely overprotect with their packaging so there is no possibility of damage during shipment. That was one of my concerns and I really appreciated the effort they went to in order to protect the product. I hope to get it installed in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom