new 1hdt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what i would like to know is would the b.e.b problem with the 1hdt still be a problem with a brand new motor from Toyota. i would have thought it would have been fixed as they built new motors after they new about this problem. thanks

what i would like to know is would the b.e.b problem with the 1hdt still be a problem with a brand new motor from Toyota. i would have thought it would have been fixed as they built new motors after they new about this problem. thanks

It would be less of a problem than the ones built in the early 90s.
There were still some problems with the BEBs on the 1HD FT and 1HD FTE ,which were the descendants of the 1HD T.
I would not be worried about it,just check to BEB every 100000 klms,and do the oil changes regularly.

I did hear that about the 100,000klm's to do the b.e.b just as a precaution . i do oil changes every 5000klm's as i am towing a 23 foot caravan. thanks for the reply

I did hear that about the 100,000klm's to do the b.e.b just as a precaution . i do oil changes every 5000klm's as i am towing a 23 foot caravan. thanks for the reply

The best place for 1st hand info is on exploroz. Lots of owners with high klm turbo diesel Sahara's towing vans.

i did have a high klm motor until 3000klm's ago when i got a brand new one. just wanted to know if i should still be paranoid about the b.e.b going. i do frequent exploroz a fair bit but this site seems to be the ducks nut's for mechanical info. thanks

Last edited:
i did have a high klm motor until 3000klm's ago when i got a brand new one. just wanted to know if i should still be paranoid about the b.e.b going. i do frequent exploroz a fair bit but this site seems to be the ducks nut's for mechanical info. thanks

How many klms on the old one?

310'000klm's . i had that one rebuilt by a cowboy from blackwater in queensland. that rebuild lasted to perth and by that time he had gone out of business. so i got a brand new one installed by toyota in kalamunda.

Oil sample tests are the only way you will catch a failing bearing before it's to late.

310'000klm's . i had that one rebuilt by a cowboy from blackwater in queensland. that rebuild lasted to perth and by that time he had gone out of business. so i got a brand new one installed by toyota in kalamunda.

I remember reading about that on exploroz or somewhere.

I had a 1HZ rebuilt 30000 klms ago and still going strong:fingerscrossed:

How hard was it to get a brand new 1HDT ?? I would have thought they were rare by now ????

How hard was it to get a brand new 1HDT ?? I would have thought they were rare by now ????

Me too. Are they expensive? I was quoted 10k for a second hand import 1HDFT just last week.

all up it was $12700 from kalamunda toyota perth. motor was $8250, oil pressure sender, new engine mounts, timing belt, radiator sent out for service and repairs, cooling system flush, alternator and starter motor sent out for service, and an assortment of gaskets ,hoses, and clamps,and labor. i think they are readily available because when i got to mt isa for a 5000klm oil change the mechanic said the motor had a bad knock so they ended up pulling it down and said the bore size was to big for the pistons and that it was a bad case of piston slap. they wanted to rebuild it but i said no, i already had my original motor rebuilt and it was crap, and i had paid good money for a brand new one. i stuck to my guns and it took 8 weeks for them to agree to put a new motor in. and this motor looks brand new compared to the one from perth. i reckon they wacked a rebuilt one in. this one was the only complete motor in australia at the time. but i think you can order them to be bought in from japan. and also the new oil pressure sender made a big difference to the reading on the gauge.

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice price. Did the engine come with fuel pump, turbo etc?

no that's without turbo, fuel pump or timing belt. i had the turbo and fuel pump rebuilt by united diesel in perth.

The best place for 1st hand info is on exploroz. Lots of owners with high klm turbo diesel Sahara's towing vans.
exploroz seems like a very clicky bunch and ready to shoot you down if your not one of 'them'. same as the gold prospecting forums here in australia they talk rubbish, so i read the american arizona outback for all my info.

exploroz seems like a very clicky bunch and ready to shoot you down if your not one of 'them'. same as the gold prospecting forums here in australia they talk rubbish, so i read the american arizona outback for all my info.

Wow .....i think we all will take that as a compliment, thanks , i think we all are here for the generation of common knowledge. "click" i would hope is a cliché here.

I think Mickf69 means Clique an exclusive group of people kinda of like those girls in high school who where mean or excluded all the so called nerds or losers

sadly some people don't grow out of it! :p

I always felt everyone was super nice and ready to provide help here on mud also!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom