New 16+ LC200 brake controller harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found the dealer supplied brake controller harness in the glovebox. I only plan to occasionally drag a uHaul trailer locally. Do I need to install this anywhere to do so?

My GX470 required a jumper in the trunk. I opened up the dash per another thread and didn't see a blank spot for this jumper. I'm hoping I just need to save this until I maybe buy a legitimate camping trailer and need a controller, or I overlooked the location this gets plugged into. Thanks for the help.

You can tow without a trailer brake controller if your trailer doesn't have brakes. I don't think many Uhaul trailers are set up with brakes (except the emergency surge brakes).

The pigtail harness you have gets plugged into the factory plug under the dash (left side - a quick search here on 'mud will give you details), and the wires get spliced into your trailer brake controller.

You can tow without a trailer brake controller if your trailer doesn't have brakes. I don't think many Uhaul trailers are set up with brakes (except the emergency surge brakes).
Awesome thanks for confirming. This wasn't the case with my last toyota truck, so I didn't want to deal with an unwelcome surprise when I show up expecting it to work.

No worries, you'll be fine towing your uhaul, utility trailer, small boats, etc. Everything will work great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom