Negative battery terminal/cable part # or aftermarket replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been looking for hours for the part number for the negative battery cable on my 01 LC. If anyone has any clue or can help with a replacement part that worked for them that would be great.

I used these on my 2000- Slee - Battery Related Products
Part: SOK030 -$49.00 Universal Battery Terminal Extensions (Pair) with Hardware & Military Terminals (Pair)

Price is for two. You said cable. I just bought a cable with lug on it and bolted it to the terminal. I'll dig up a photo and post it

p2575552656-5.jpg

I just got a new interstate battery from costco and want to switch to this setup. Ordered the terminals from slee today. My current terminals are pretty janky. I want to put a real connector on the 4 ga ground cable. Do you solder those on or crimp?

20190814_173724.jpg

I soldered them on. I used a fairly large rosen core (never acid core) solder and a propane torch (like what you would buy at a hardware store) applied carefully. The ring connector was positioned in the vertical with the ring up (I forget how I held, something simple that I rigged). Added heat, touched the solder to it, if it didn't melt, I added, more heat, rinse (don't actually rinse), repeat. Once the solder starts to flow the part stays hot enough long enough to flow and fill the ring terminal. I like and use Kester solder. 60/40 Lead/Tin. For large connections like these 1.5mm solder is a good size to use. Amazon has solder (didn't see Kester in that size though)

You can also find the 4 gauge wire with ring terminals on it at most auto part stores. The shorter length can be a challenge. I made mine because I had the terminals and tools. I could have crimped but prefer solder.

I used these on my 2000- Slee - Battery Related Products
Part: SOK030 -$49.00 Universal Battery Terminal Extensions (Pair) with Hardware & Military Terminals (Pair)

Price is for two. You said cable. I just bought a cable with lug on it and bolted it to the terminal. I'll dig up a photo and post it

p2575552656-5.jpg

Where does the other end of the Factory negative go to? It disappears into a harness. My Factory terminal at the battery won't tighten anymore so that cable needs replacing. Not sure where the other end goes??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom