Neep help on valuation - 2008 GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Folks: Need some expert advise on my next purchase. I'm a newbie to the overlanding scene, and on the hunt for a GX470. I tumbled upon this car ( link below)

GX 470

Priced at $26K and the following mods were made by the dealer.

* Toytech 3 Lift - ( Boss system with the SPC Control arms )
*Method MR701 17 wheels
*Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires
* Upper Control Arms
*Baja Design LP6s LEDs
* Ironman 4X4 Front Bumper
*Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform W/Backbone
* Timing Belt Replaced at 90K Miles
* Water Pump Replaced at 90K Miles

Carfax report was good as well. Do you folks think $26K is a good price considering the upgrades OR would you suggest i buy used stock GX470 and gradually perform the upgrades? Please advise.

$26K is bats*** insane even with those mods.
Thank you. I'm new to this world, hence wasnt sure of the right price. I'm not very good at DIY and will have to rely on local mechanics for aftermarket fitments. May be I should pick stock rig and gradually build upon it.

Thank you. I'm new to this world, hence wasnt sure of the right price. I'm not very good at DIY and will have to rely on local mechanics for aftermarket fitments. May be I should pick stock rig and gradually build upon it.

I like starting stock. A lot of times when a built out rig is sold, people try to recoup the costs of labor and parts that went into the rig, and that just isn’t a realistic goal. You could get a much newer lower mileage 460 for that $26k figure, or you could get a good 470 with money left over for a lot of work and mods.

Too much even after you add up all the parts msrp. i would find a nice low mileage stock rig for 12k and then build it up. you'd be well under 20k if you built it exactly like the one listed. They have roughly $7,000 in mods. If you found a 12k stock rig and added all those parts you'd still only be at 19k.

Too much even after you add up all the parts msrp. i would find a nice low mileage stock rig for 12k and then build it up. you'd be well under 20k if you built it exactly like the one listed. They have roughly $7,000 in mods. If you found a 12k stock rig and added all those parts you'd still only be at 19k.

^ This.

Thank you @Tanner H @drowzyGX @MrTorgue . I will hunt for a 470 under $13K and gradually build the rig. Getting a good GX470 under $13K is so tough in the Southern California area. Maybe I should look out of state as well.

Thank you @Tanner H @drowzyGX @MrTorgue . I will hunt for a 470 under $13K and gradually build the rig. Getting a good GX470 under $13K is so tough in the Southern California area. Maybe I should out of state as well.

Wow, not even low mileage either.
Thank you @Tanner H @drowzyGX @MrTorgue . I will hunt for a 470 under $13K and gradually build the rig. Getting a good GX470 under $13K is so tough in the Southern California area. Maybe I should out of state as well.
There were a number that popped up on CarGurus this past week. I thought things were crazy in June when I picked up my GX, much more wild currently in CA.

Wow, not even low mileage either.

There were a number that popped up on CarGurus this past week. I thought things were crazy in June when I picked up my GX, much more wild currently in CA.
I think its a seller's market right now. Everything is overpriced

Come up to portland, ill sell you mine for 20K ;)
:D
There was one 2008 GX470 with Mercedez Benz of Portland - stock / good carfax / new radiator/water pump/belt etc....was listed for $16.5K/140Kmiles. I was trying to negotiate but sold in less than a week from listing. Totally sellers market now

There is one seller in Cali - Too good to be true Low miles...but he is charging a premium as well. 2009 GX470/ 60K miles / $22.5K. I'm gonna check that he could give a good deal

Link: GX 470 -60K miles - $22.5K

I just bought an '08 with 122,000 at auction for $13,300. $26K is way overpriced and impossible to get a loan for unless you're putting 50% down.
@unculturedswine - That's nice to know. Finding it so hard to get hold of a decent one in Cali. Either overpriced/missing service records.. and the good ones gets picked up 3-4 days. Thank you for the guidance on the loan. I intend to put a cash down of not more than 10%. Want to conserve cash during these pandemic days..
Yesterday, a dealer friend informed of a new arrival - 2010 GX460 Premium/clean carfax/$165K miles/ $16K. I think its a good price? what say?

Thank you all folks for the guidance.
I picked up a 2010 GX 460 Premium. Single owner, clean tile/carfax, all service records. LA driven all the time and garaged. Got a good deal. Now I will gradually start with the mods once I have some extra cash.
Also it came all bells and whistles - Parking sensors and camera, Mark Levinson 17 speaker system, NAV, tow package and few other goodies. Happy with the purchase. Cheers

One thing about GX's is the maintenance records. Since stock looks like a soccer mom SUV thats what they were used as. From what I could tell maintenance was not a priority. Finding one with a complete and solid record is tough. Takes a lot of patience and luck. Carfax is ok but you may be able to get more from Lexus records. Take the VIN to a dealer and they can pull up some good info. Pulled off getting a 2007 GX from a no name lot but had been fully maintained at the local dealership. 140,000 . After seeing what was out there it was a no brainer for $14K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom