Wanted Needed FJ80 shifter with PRND32L pattern (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pif

Threads
Swapped from a442f to a440f, so need 7-position shifter like on pic. No metal part needed.
Basically, need two of these for two rigs, but would be happy if can find at least one. Anyone?

Bump

I think www.cruiseryard.com has one. I traded them some parts and that was one of the parts they wanted.

FYI, the 6 position one can be modified to have that last very bottom position very easily. 1 minute with a dremel. Works like factory.
For the aesthetics you can pop out the clear window and replace the position graphic with a vinyl sticker for factory look.

I think www.cruiseryard.com has one. I traded them some parts and that was one of the parts they wanted.
Thank you, I contacted them, but 300$ shipped is a bit pricey.

1 minute with a dremel. Works like factory.
Mine was already modified - it has no limiter plate, so can shift without pushing the button. But with such price I really consider getting another dirt-cheap 6 position and some working with dremel & maybe even 3d printer to craft the window. There is some OEM part for 90-92 window, but not in stock in most places.

Use car-part.com

I found a bunch on there for 65 bucks or so​

Thank you, I contacted them, but 300$ shipped is a bit pricey.

The problem is they are limited in supply and there is a big market for them outside of the U.S. I've never sold one to someone in the U.S. The Philippines buy them up to convert trucks to LHD from RHD. I sold them firewalls as well. It is crazy to think what they are spending on the conversion process. Just shipping a firewall is outrageous. And in the US people seek them out for V8 conversions and diesel conversions.

The problem is they are limited in supply and there is a big market for them outside of the U.S. I've never sold one to someone in the U.S. The Philippines buy them up to convert trucks to LHD from RHD. I sold them firewalls as well. It is crazy to think what they are spending on the conversion process. Just shipping a firewall is outrageous. And in the US people seek them out for V8 conversions and diesel conversions.
In fact I'm also outside of the U.S., we have somehow different market here in Russia. Many LHD cars, most of them diesel, so no problems with firewalls and other RHD->LHD conversion parts. Same with shifters - most people prefer manual, and others deal with electric A442F. The minority of 7-position gearbox users usually get them from RHD cars where they are also rare, and just don't convert the shifter to LHD. Looks&feels ugly.
But 300$ is worth buying new OEM parts, like i did with 7-position dashboard gear indication plate. So I hope I find one in US, and the other maybe assemble from 6-position and a new window.

Use car-part.com

I found a bunch on there for 65 bucks or so​
Just a brilliant advice, thank you. Seems they don't understand high demand, made several requests.

Bump. No used parts seller from car-part.com responded. What a pity;(

Don't let that hold you up. If I had to do it over again I certainly wouldn't spend any time hunting one again.

Don't let that hold you up. If I had to do it over again I certainly wouldn't spend any time hunting one again.
Thank you for this encouragement!
Several skype calls and it's done, total damage 175$ shipped overseas.

I think this topic may be closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom