Need some help, looking to buy an 84 model (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have someone I know looking to sell his 84 60 series. It’s never been modified, has 129k miles on it, 4spd and AC. I have a 95 80 series so I don’t know a ton about the 60s. The rig is extremely nice except rust on the back corner and dog legs. The underneath is just surface rust. It’s only on the outside though and nothing when you open the door. It runs and drives great also. Any idea what is a good price to offer him or what it’s worth? I appreciate any advice you guys have.

1B5B1902-3527-47F0-86C8-34F71DFC09A1.jpeg

AB7E98DC-9A8A-4EF0-ADF5-DA7E6B2A9C49.jpeg

FC5869CD-F906-4ABE-8FBD-A4EAFCCE37D0.jpeg

5639515F-F4A6-4585-B06A-F2E0853A0848.jpeg

37B2A017-556D-4FA4-AC6D-C4C017B96742.jpeg

No, it came with the 60 series rims on it and he swapped them out for the others. He has both sets of rims.

gl buying a running stock 60 for 4k that looks like its in rather good shape. worth 4k min just as a parts vehicle...

gl buying a running stock 60 for 4k that looks like its in rather good shape. worth 4k min just as a parts vehicle...
if it didnt have that level of rust It could easily fetch $10k or more in the market these days....but rust like that is usually just the tip of the iceberg and the rest of the truck would have to be absolutely perfect to justify a high price with rust like that. The market is certainly going crazy...at least if you look at BAT which honestly is becoming a very weird place IMO....seems to be the auctions on there are becoming farther and farther divorced from reality.

Yea BAT is just absolutely silly at this point and far from reality to me. I know rust isn't our friend on the east coast hence why i bought my 80 series from Florida rust free. I'm going to see what i can get it for, but ill start at 4 and see what he says. I know the interior is almost immaculate and it runs/drives really well. Ill post more pics and details as i get them. I appreciate the help so far.

if it didnt have that level of rust It could easily fetch $10k or more in the market these days....but rust like that is usually just the tip of the iceberg and the rest of the truck would have to be absolutely perfect to justify a high price with rust like that. The market is certainly going crazy...at least if you look at BAT which honestly is becoming a very weird place IMO....seems to be the auctions on there are becoming farther and farther divorced from reality.
Totally agree...jus saying 4k buys nothin these days. Hopefully the owner dsnt know the market for the OPs sake.

if the entire chassis is perfect...as in its smooth painted metal with no signs of rust or corrosion then I'd say its worth quite a bit more. But I personally would start the conversation around $4k and go from there. Potential buyers often psych themselves out and offer way more than they should. The selller may have no idea of the market and just want to see a good home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom