Need real tub measurements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

climber8483

SILVER Star
Threads
I need the "real" measurements for a FJ40. Looking for frame rail to frame rail and then wheel well to wheel well.

I'm in the middle of replacing the rear sill and attempting to straighten the tub in the process. Searching brought measurements of 40" between the wheel wells which isn't correct, at least not for a 1970 FJ40.

I took measurements on my tub and nothing is the same. Between the wheel wells I got 4 different measurements ranging from 40 1/2" to 41 3/8". Didn't even try the frame rails since I know it's bent.

Thanks!
Brittain

Hope this helps - from the FSM for 76 FJ40:
FJ40 Frame Measurements.jpg

Thanks, but not exactly what I was looking for

Thanks, but those aren't exactly what I'm looking for. Looking for Measurements A and B on the pic. Sorry I don't have any skills with Paint.

Thanks,
B
tubmeasurement.jpg

Really nobody has a tape measure near their 40?

B

The "A" measurement I gave you above was what my opening would be if I removed my rear amb doors.......just reread your post and saw you want wheel well to wheel well, which is slightly different and spot on at 41 inches. ...sorry for the confusion...

No problem.

Thanks!

Hey all, I ordered a steel tub off sor recently which seems to be one inch shorter on the B vs A measurements for the back gate (not wheel well to wheel well). Paul at sor says that's normal. Any input? I. An see a 1/4 inch but a full inch seems like a lot to me. Help! Thanks!

thanks southboston, any fix if installing rear half doors? my guy wants to cut a piece out, not sure how i feel about that. there's no hard top, but do have a soft top frame (besttops) to put on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom