need part # for factory tow hooks.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone know the part # for the set (2) of front factory tow hooks & tow hook clips?

SOR has them listed for $38..wondering if they are cheaper at the dealer.

from SOR:"Factory Tow Hook-Fits 1/90-1/98 80 Series Front or Rear(Special Order-not in stock-NO RETURN) $37.93 "

thanks..
joe

[glow=red,2,300]1918...2003[/glow]

Yours came with 2 on the front and 2 on the rear. Did you take them off?

-B-

SA,

What is a "factory tow hook clip"? Clarify that a bit if you please. Also, I'm going to risk getting globally tossed off every 80 list on the planet here. You should also check out the tasty tow hooks that come on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland model. Might be on all of them, but this is the model I happened to see them on, and they're a simple pointed hook. Anyhow, they're a beautifully finished eye catching item - chrome plated and clearly carefully finished before plating. They're not the type of hook I prefer (complete loop as the 80 stockers are), but they're just so dang good looking you have to see them, and they might use a standard bolt spacing and fit if they meet your needs.

Went on a bike ride with a couple other families today, and a buddy was there in his diesel Excursion. Talk about tow hooks. They have these rough cast black powdercoated eyes that look appropriately sized for a locomotive. Honestly, these things are overkill to the tenth power. Got tow hooks on the brain today...

Maybe I should remove all four of mine and get them powdercoated Caterpillar yellow or something. Hmmm....

IdahoDoug

[glow=red,2,300]B:[/glow]
I dont have any front/rear tow hooks...i think the PO took them off (or had them taken off) :( so now i must get.

[glow=red,2,300]IdahoDoug:[/glow]
The clip is a little metal flap that prevents a strap/chain from coming off the tow hook.(See pic below). Not sure if the clip came on the 80 series as a factory part.

243_hardware.gif

243-33b-big.jpg

[glow=red,2,300]Anyone..know the part # ?[/glow]

Thanks,
joe

Joe,

The 80 series tow hooks aren't "hooks". They are solid loops. The same part number is utilized on all 4 corners. I don't have the number off the top of me bald head but I'll get it for you.

I was gonna say the hooks on the front of mine look like the ones cdan posted. mine had the s***ty factory tow bar so no hooks on the rear. once I swapped the arb on the front and dropped the tow bar off the rear they made their home there.
Dave

[quote author=Phaedrus link=board=2;threadid=5740;start=msg45757#msg45757 date=1064813610]
I was gonna say the hooks on the front of mine look like the ones cdan posted. mine had the s#!tty factory tow bar so no hooks on the rear. once I swapped the arb on the front and dropped the tow bar off the rear they made their home there.
Dave
[/quote]

s***ty factory tow bar? Mine seems to work pretty well, is there a known problem with these?

Other than the fact that it hangs down 6 inches under the bumper no its fine. It just sat too low for my taste.
Dave

Tow loop #51967-60010, list $37.75 each.
Bolts #90119-12077, list $2.27 each.

:cheers: D-

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=5740;start=msg45831#msg45831 date=1064849123]

Tow loop #51967-60010, list $37.75 each.
Bolts #90119-12077, list $2.27 each.

:cheers: D-
[/quote]

Don't forget

DEALER CODE 30034
;)

Now THAT is excelent advice....... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom