Need Help with Tire size! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm new to the forums. In fact this is my first post. But have been a fan of this site. You guys look very helpful to each other.

I'm working on a '74 Fj40. When I bought it it had 35" (35x 12.5x15) tires on it. They are cool, but I would love to go down a little bit and maybe a little narrower. I just do want to risk making the rig look tall with small tires on it. I was thinking of going with a 285/75r16 with 16" procomp wheels. Also wanted to creat some clearance by the tie rod ends. I have 3 1/4" spacers in the front just to make clearance. Any thoughts out there?

ThanksView attachment 1793252View attachment 1793253View attachment 1793254View attachment 1793255View attachment 1793256

Sorry, I meant the what color questions for 6h9?

Sorry, I meant the what color questions for 6h9?
I believe that is the Toyota factory color code for the color of his truck (6h9)... It was used on the 70 series trucks. My favorite besides dune beige (T416).

Thanks guys for all the pics. I think you confirmed it for me. 33 x 10.5 x 15. I was looking at procomp steel wheels. I think the 3.5 back spacing should be good. I will have to check. The backspacing on my current American racing outlaws is 4”.

I really like to wheels on the troopy and the blue fj. That is what I am looking for.

The color is ppg 6h9. Olive gray. The top is Wimbledon white. I was trying not to get a artic white top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom