Need help with my cdl mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry for beating a dead horse, and please dont simply reply “look up other threads” cause trust me i have. Now thats outta the way i correctly did the 7th pin mod, bought a cdl switch from a rav4 on ebay (from what i have read is all cdl switches are the same) and plugged it in, problem is it will engage the cdl but will not disengage unless i unplug the cdl switch and plug the jumper block back in. Im missing something?

Have you tested the switch? Should get continuity between pins 7-10 with the switch ON. No continuity with the switch OFF.

1652713174788.png

Its push on/ push off just like the hazard switch.
I don't remember doing a jumper... but its been a few years so I may be miss-remembering.

I followed Slee's method. Center Differential Lock Pin 7 Mod - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/center-differential-lock-pin-7-mod/
Works perfectly. I use it often, like once a week, for a "4 Hi" option on the sand roads around here. I figure if I'm not heating the viscous coupling it will last longer.
I think my switch came off of a rav4, its a momentary switch that doesnt click “on/off” maybe i need to order something different and try again🤷🏻‍♂️

It's a "maintained" SPDT switch. The jumper you remove simulates the switch in the OFF position.

CDL Switch.gif

Its push on/ push off just like the hazard switch.
I don't remember doing a jumper... but its been a few years so I may be miss-remembering.

I followed Slee's method. Center Differential Lock Pin 7 Mod - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/center-differential-lock-pin-7-mod/
Works perfectly. I use it often, like once a week, for a "4 Hi" option on the sand roads around here. I figure if I'm not heating the viscous coupling it will last longer.
Also on the write up slee did it mentioned plugging back in the transfercase harness yet has no mention of unplugging it, al i missing something there? Why would you need to unplug that in the first place?

I think my switch came off of a rav4, its a momentary switch that doesnt click “on/off” maybe i need to order something different and try again🤷🏻‍♂️
Yep

You can do this mod with a hazard switch on the cheap.

Or you can spend twice as much and get the switch with the proper symbol... I needed the correct symbol, its just easier for me.

This e-bay listing is dirt cheap compared to new:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom