need help with jt outfitter rear disk conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
posted in the 60 section but to no avail. Recieved the jt outfitters rear disk conversion and go to put it on and it doesnt have the six washer style spacer which i think i need to space the bracket. all i have is the 4 banana looking ones which i think are for the 40s. Anyone done the conversion on a 60 and could tell me the size spacer so i can just make it myself so i can go play next weekend.

Thanks all

Bryon

So you are missing parts in your "kit" from JTO...

08/80 and later bolt on rear disc brake brackets use round tube sleeves and not washers...

I do not know the length. Should be pretty easy to figure out; secure the caliper with the pads in it to the bracket and slip it over the rotor that is secured to the axle flange with a couple lug nuts.

:meh:

thats the idea i had seems like the bolts they give re also too short. Just to clarify rotor bolted on place pads and caliper on rotor and space bracket so the caliper is tight to bracket. Now the spacer inthe caliper should be all the way set into the caliper right???

thanks

I just installed a 60 setup on my 40, so didn't use the spacers/bolts. If you're interested I can send you a pic and see if it's what you need.

thanks all finally found out its 3/4 of an inch and you need to buy new bolts too. finished it up tonight and i finally have brakes that i feel comfortable with after 3 years

thanks all

Bryon

thanks all finally found out its 3/4 of an inch and you need to buy new bolts too. finished it up tonight and i finally have brakes that i feel comfortable with after 3 years

thanks all

Bryon

Please provide more details on the job? What rotors did you use, what are you using as an emergency brake, any change in the master cylinder / booster?

Did you contact JTO? If so, what was the response. Why buy a 'kit' and then have to go buy bolts....?

sorry been away for a while. jto finally sent out the spacers said they had to get more machined. And as for the bolts i still went out and bought longer ones but call me crazy i like a little thread engagement. except for that and grinding the tab off the caliper everything went as according plan. I swapped out the front calipers to fourrunner ones awhile ago and i cant remember if i swapped in a fj80 or t100 master the booster is still stock just adjusted the rod. The rear calipers are off of a mid 80s monte carlo front and the disks i believe were out of chevy pickup with the center hole machined. as for parking brake i havent had one for ayear or so since the cable broke but i am going to be putting on a line lock after all its mostly only on a trail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom