Need Help (Suggestions) for Ironman 4x4 FCP 2.5" Lifted Coilover Install. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I personally didn’t have that hard of a time reconnecting the kdss in the front and this was my first rodeo lifting a vehicle. It was definitely a challenge and took some thought process, but for me I just disconnected the kdss and dropped the LCA to get the lifted shock in and it worked. I actually did it twice the same way bc my shocks weren’t the correct height (Dobinsons adjustable). Second time was much easier of course.

I personally didn’t have that hard of a time reconnecting the kdss in the front and this was my first rodeo lifting a vehicle. It was definitely a challenge and took some thought process, but for me I just disconnected the kdss and dropped the LCA to get the lifted shock in and it worked. I actually did it twice the same way bc my shocks weren’t the correct height (Dobinsons adjustable). Second time was much easier of course.
I've disconnected the KDSS sway bar from the LCA 4 times now....had issues 2 out of the 4...xthreaded the nuts on 4th time, had to ask alignment place to remove the nuts off the LCA and tack weld 2 new class 11 bolts and grabbed new class 11 bolts.....such a PIA...much easier if you disconnect the sway bar from the ram and static link before securing to LCA

I’m hoping mine isn’t a pain but wanted to know some tricks if I do run into trouble. Isn’t your truck 2” in the front? (Yours looks pretty close to perfect) Do you remember what it was sitting at the first time? I got the Ironman nitro gas with 2.5” coils in the front. Sounds like maybe small increments over 2” increases difficulty.

Yes it is 2” in the front now. The first time was a mistake in the install of the coil by a local shop. It was pretty much stock or lower. They didn’t follow the instructions I gave them on the coil seat height and I didn’t double check before installation hence having to do it twice 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m hoping mine isn’t a pain but wanted to know some tricks if I do run into trouble. Isn’t your truck 2” in the front? (Yours looks pretty close to perfect) Do you remember what it was sitting at the first time? I got the Ironman nitro gas with 2.5” coils in the front. Sounds like maybe small increments over 2” increases difficulty.
I've been researching lift installs as I've got a Dobinson's IMS and KDSS spacers on the way for my 2017 GX460 and I'm debating whether to tackle the thing myself. I came across this video on a lift install on a KDSS 4Runner: . At about 3:52 in there's a shot of where a crowbar was placed to force the lower control arm down. There's also a comment about putting the truck into 4low to open up the KDSS system to help the articulation.

Did the front today with the Ironman nitro gas 2.5” and it was a lot easier than expected. We forgot to disengage the KDSS and it still wasn’t that difficult to get everything in. On the passenger side we had to loosen the sway bar a bit to get the lower shock bolt through. We’re doing the back tomorrow.

Got the “Carolina Squat” going on right now. Finishing the back tomorrow and picking up my tires and wheels next week.

7338F681-BB07-446C-A789-84AC3099246C.jpeg

45E24DB1-61B7-4EBB-9C46-3DD1AEF3D63E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom