Need Help identifying mystery pieces found in oil pan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Even the aftermarket M/B's last a long time. I wouldn't change it unless the muffler was squealing. ;)

View attachment 2875198

Blinker Fluid is something many folks overlook though:

View attachment 2875199
regarding the muffler bearing (like in the photo above). Everyone knows you MUST use a catalytic converter safe grease (in modern vehicles, of course), do you recommend lithium or moly based? :meh:

regarding the muffler bearing (like in the photo above). Everyone knows you MUST use a catalytic converter safe grease (in modern vehicles, of course), do you recommend lithium or moly based? :meh:

I tried researching that one time. Never did find anything definitive. Just gave up after awhile, too 'exhausting'. :rofl:

I'm thinking a Calcium Sulfonate Complex or a Modified Clay base lubricant in order to withstand the high temperatures coming from the catalytic converters.

This thread has been derailed in the best way.
:wrench:everyone needs to know about the ramifications to the upper and lower reciprocation dinglearm joints and their relationship to proper lubrication of the muffler bearings. No 80 series owner should ever wonder "are my dinglearm joints reciprocating?" Heaven forbid.
:slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom