Need help identifying genuine Denso 90919-02230 coil packs from fakes (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had my LC approx 1 year now - recently diagnosed bad coil on cyl #8 - pulled it out and it is stamped as Denso 90919-02230.
All the other coils are identified as Denso 90080-19027. Suspect that #8 had a replacement unit in it (from the previous owner) and it was a counterfeit unit.

Am going with the replacements from Amazon as per Landpimp's earlier post with a view to change all 8 units (the vehicle has covered 190k miles so its time)
Amazon product ASIN B002Y37M0W
(Will also change the plugs too.)
tempImageJQSyKR.png
tempImage4UPaeI.png

Thanks to all if you, I've also found that rockauto has them in stock and can ship directly to Italy so I will give them a shot and hopefully fix the car!

I was considering getting a few of these as spares, but it seems a bit fishy. It lacks the small markings and the webbing under the connector looks like a cheap copy of the real version. What do we think -- fake?

Unless you buy your Denso ignition coils from a dealer or other authorized Denso vendor (check Denso website for vendors), you are taking a risk of getting counterfeit parts. If that doesn't bother you, buy them on Ebay or Amazon or wherever. If you want genuine, buy from a dealer or authorized Denso vendor.

Had my LC approx 1 year now - recently diagnosed bad coil on cyl #8 - pulled it out and it is stamped as Denso 90919-02230.
All the other coils are identified as Denso 90080-19027. Suspect that #8 had a replacement unit in it (from the previous owner) and it was a counterfeit unit.

Am going with the replacements from Amazon as per Landpimp's earlier post with a view to change all 8 units (the vehicle has covered 190k miles so its time)
Amazon product ASIN B002Y37M0W
(Will also change the plugs too.)View attachment 2766772View attachment 2766777
The link you provide to the Amazon page selling the "Denso" ignition coil is probably counterfeit. The seller, "Naymar Best," is registered in Pakistan. The price for coil is extremely low considering ToyotaPartsDeal has them for $115. How does he sell them for less than half? I have purchased TWO coils from this seller and installed one on my truck last week. I don't expect it to be OEM Toyota but the reviews are stellar with reports of the coils working fine, so I'll take a chance. But don't fool yourself, if you want OEM you need to buy from a dealership or authorized Denso vendor. "Naymar Best" in Pakistan is not an authorized vendor.

The link you provide to the Amazon page selling the "Denso" ignition coil is probably counterfeit. The seller, "Naymar Best," is registered in Pakistan. The price for coil is extremely low considering ToyotaPartsDeal has them for $115. How does he sell them for less than half? I have purchased TWO coils from this seller and installed one on my truck last week. I don't expect it to be OEM Toyota but the reviews are stellar with reports of the coils working fine, so I'll take a chance. But don't fool yourself, if you want OEM you need to buy from a dealership or authorized Denso vendor. "Naymar Best" in Pakistan is not an authorized vendor.
Went with someone else’s ‘actual’ experience as opposed to ‘fooling myself’ - I hear what you are saying but where’s the ‘proof’ - often genuine items are available for less on global market than in USA (eg partsouq) - due to the coil’s stellar reviews thought it was worth the chance - so far so good on all 8 cylinders - guess I’ll know for sure in another 10 years - no regrets so far….. agree, if you want to be sure go to the dealer

I had a misfire on my cylinder 5 and 8. So I changed the coils to cylinder 1 - 2 to check if it's actually the coil.

In the meantime, I bought 2 "genuine" Toyota Denso coil from an authorized dealer. Attached all the photos. These came in brown box without any plastic in them. Has no flares at the bottom. I will compare them to the ones I have on my LX470 but I don't know if those are genuine.
20220812_190552_resized_1.jpg

20220812_190431_resized_1.jpg
20220812_190441_resized_1.jpg
20220812_190529_resized_1.jpg

20220812_190608_resized_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom