Need help finding rear glass for FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm pissed - thieves broke my back hatch window while I was parked at a trailhead today :mad:. Luckily I didn't have anything of real value in the truck (they took my tire repair kit...).

But after a quick google search, and per a couple other posts here, looks like there isn't an option for new glass. At the moment I'm filling out a sheriff's report and insurance claim. They both want to know the replacement value of the glass. So I have 2 questions:

1) Any rough idea of the replacement cost if/when I find suitable glass?
2) Does anyone have any leads on a nice rear window available ASAP near Eugene, OR?

Meanwhile, this is my daily driver and my dog (not to mention my kids) is gonna be cold!

IMG_8799.jpeg

I'm pissed - thieves broke my back hatch window while I was parked at a trailhead today :mad:. Luckily I didn't have anything of real value in the truck (they took my tire repair kit...).

But after a quick google search, and per a couple other posts here, looks like there isn't an option for new glass. At the moment I'm filling out a sheriff's report and insurance claim. They both want to know the replacement value of the glass. So I have 2 questions:

2) Does anyone have any leads on a nice rear window available ASAP near Eugene, OR?

Meanwhile, this is my daily driver and my dog (not to mention my kids) is gonna be cold!

View attachment 3229507
Try calling
Land Cruiser Parts - https://www.sor.com/ In California, they may be able to get a used one… and or give an estimate price for a used glass replacement…

check with the local Landcruiser clubs.
someone should have one, I've got some in MT but I'm not shipping glass.
worst case have a glass shop cut a piece, it won't have the defrost on it but it will be installed
next issue will be your rubber, trying to work the chrome strip back into place is a tough job
is the rubber still pliable?

unfortunely even if the bastards were caught, they'd be out before you drove home

What a loser.

This happened to our 80 series when I was young- they used a pumpkin to smash the glass then take off, they never took anything either.

I suggest finding a used one, they can’t be hard to find, I even have a spare one, but Shipping glass isn’t a good idea.

Give these folks a call. They don't list it.

View attachment 3229507
Ughgghh, Those mofos - just saw an OEM on Facebook marketplace or eBay - trying to find the link ad. If I can find it I’ll message you.

Hey thanks everyone of the leads. Kool Katz Auto Glass is intriguing - lots of glass for older vehicles there, and they've clearly done a run of 60 rear windows at some point in the past. They have windshields at the moment...

SOR has a few for almost half the price of cruiserparts. While I was hoping someone local would pop up with a solution that doesn't involve shipping, I trust SOR knows how to pack it!

Hey thanks everyone of the leads. Kool Katz Auto Glass is intriguing - lots of glass for older vehicles there, and they've clearly done a run of 60 rear windows at some point in the past. They have windshields at the moment...

SOR has a few for almost half the price of cruiserparts. While I was hoping someone local would pop up with a solution that doesn't involve shipping, I trust SOR knows how to pack it!
Make sure to get any breakage warranty in writing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom