Need guidance on wheels to best fit 255/80r17 wildpeak at3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to buy wheels to eventually fit these tires on my wife's 460 with as small of a lift as possible. So far she likes a few SCS wheels and TRD wheels. Tire specs state a 6.5-8.5 wheel width is appropriate. My question is would the TRDs be a good choice at 17x7 +4mm offset or SCS wheels at 17x8.5 -10mm offset? Is there another wheel I should consider for better fitment and should I look for a wheel with more or less offset?

Personally I would go with the TRD wheels less offset and less trimming.

Personally I would go with the TRD wheels less offset and less trimming.
I want to push the tires out a bit but a little worried about hitting the body. When you say less trimming with TRDs could you tell me what trimming is typically needed? Are we talking heat gun and pushing wheel liner forward or body mount trimming or both?

I don't actually know much about skinny tires but I've seen this wheel that was designed for skinnies if you don't like the look of the TRDs.

Those look good and my wife liked them. I need to see who's running them and what tires they have.

I want to push the tires out a bit but a little worried about hitting the body. When you say less trimming with TRDs could you tell me what trimming is typically needed? Are we talking heat gun and pushing wheel liner forward or body mount trimming or both?
You should clear the cab mount no problem. You will have to trim the wheel liner. I personally think the +4 and -0 offset right on the money to run tall skinnies. It'll fit nice and flush with the body. If your looking for a little poke go with a aggressive offset.

You should clear the cab mount no problem. You will have to trim the wheel liner. I personally think the +4 and -0 offset right on the money to run tall skinnies. It'll fit nice and flush with the body. If your looking for a little poke go with a aggressive offset.
I went with the 0 offset wheels from the link above as they are on sale for $125 each! Thanks @jdam

Are you saying they will fit with wheel liner trimming on stock suspension?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom