need beefy winch bumper (1 Viewer)

i've been searching for pics or even the name of a specific type of front bumper with no luck.

it's the type that encloses the winch but isn't the factory optional bumper extension that sticks so far out.

i see it on ford trucks quite a bit. the roller furling is built into the boxlike enclosure with the ends tapering in. it's not a brush guard like the arb type, just the heavy duty front bumper.

any ideas how i can find one, or pics of one?

thanks for the help.

60wag

SILVER Star

It might be a Warn bumper you're thinking of. They're kind of modular with different mount adapters and different length ears on the ends. I've got a 8274 mounted on my 60 with one. I shortened the ears up a bit to improve front end clearance.

Last edited:
actually the one im thinkn of doesn't have any other bars on it. just a big old box-like bumper with the ends tapered in. i think the ones i've seen had black diamond plate on the top.

maybe it was just a dream.

my dreams used to be alot more cooler before this 60 project:)

BlueCruiser84

SILVER Star

60wag said:
It might be a Warn bumper you're thinking of. They're kind of modular with different mount adapters and different length ears on the ends. I've got a 9274 mounted on my 60 with one. I shortened the ears up a bit to improve front end clearance.

Do you have any pics?

Brian

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star

mmw68,

That bumper looks even better powdercoated! I'm glad that I saw a new pic of it!

2mbb,

Why do they call that a up and over bumper?

:beer:

60wag

SILVER Star

Here is the old Warn bumper with the ends trimmed. Originally the ears went to the ends if the front fenders and had a piece of sheet metal screwed to the top.
60front.JPG

Spook50

Resident psychopath, apparently

mmw68 said:
Jason (JK Customs) Makes a nice FJ60/62 bumper!

More on bumper
Yeah I definately want a bumper like that. Has a price been hashed out yet? I can't get their site to load and I can barely get around on Mud cause the connection here is ass, so I wasn't able to look around for pricing.

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor

Just call Jason directly, 512-218-4222, with the price of steel, Iam not sure what Jason is charging. He does gret work, and it's all custom and made to order. :)

You can see more of his work over at pirate:Katy project

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom