Need air bag recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up the new to me 2004 GX470 a few weeks ago. The current thought is keep it stock while I work on my 60. But I have leaky airbags in the back. Rockauto has A1 cardone and Westar for an OK price. This is my daily as well as an occasional road trip/camping truck. What airbags would you recommend? Thanks for the help.

I picked up the new to me 2004 GX470 a few weeks ago. The current thought is keep it stock while I work on my 60. But I have leaky airbags in the back. Rockauto has A1 cardone and Westar for an OK price. This is my daily as well as an occasional road trip/camping truck. What airbags would you recommend? Thanks for the help.

Grab some (for free or cheap) from someone who's converting to coils?

Also a very good option.

I was intending to stay stock, but when mine failed we went to coils. Will at Sierra Expeditions knew that I wanted to retain as much of the Lexus ride as practical, but have new shocks in the process as my truck is approaching 150K. Here's the combo that worked. OME2895E spring, Fox 2.5" coilovers in the front, Fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks in the rear. It feels 90%+ like stock. It did result in a mild lift. The previous front shocks were Bilstein 5100s which I did not care for. I highly recommend this combo and Sierra Expeditions.

I was intending to stay stock, but when mine failed we went to coils. Will at Sierra Expeditions knew that I wanted to retain as much of the Lexus ride as practical, but have new shocks in the process as my truck is approaching 150K. Here's the combo that worked. OME2895E spring, Fox 2.5" coilovers in the front, Fox 2.0 remote reservoir shocks in the rear. It feels 90%+ like stock. It did result in a mild lift. The previous front shocks were Bilstein 5100s which I did not care for. I highly recommend this combo and Sierra Expeditions.

If you don't mind me asking what did that run you? How much lift and what size tires are you running?

You can do the entire conversion to springs for around $300 if you do it yourself. It’s VERY easy. This is how it was before being lifted, but it’s a metaltech conversion and FJ Cruiser springs. Rode awesome.

C2C9DA04-27EA-4548-B274-3F4288A242C6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom