Need a little help with glow plugs for a 1HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the simplest glow plug set up I can install for a 1HZ-T into a 40?
Greg B had wrote in a past thread

"Use a momentary switch on the dash to kick a HD relay in the engine bay to supply your glow plugs"

Being fairly green to diesels I am having a hard time wrapping my head around that one. Do I just put a after market switch on the dash or would a set up from a BJ-40 work? Looking for something easy on the wallet too.

Thanks,
Michael

get a push button starter button, a ford starter relay, get the same glow plugs they us in the mines from ENS (if i could remember the aprt number i would post it) eliminate all the super glow and run a heavy lead from the relay directly to the bus-bar. hold on for roughly 10 sec for the first start of the day and you good as gold.
does this help at all?
i did this to my PZJ75 and it works great and is cheap as well

crushers said:
get a push button starter button, a ford starter relay, get the same glow plugs they us in the mines from ENS (if i could remember the aprt number i would post it) eliminate all the super glow and run a heavy lead from the relay directly to the bus-bar. hold on for roughly 10 sec for the first start of the day and you good as gold.
does this help at all?
i did this to my PZJ75 and it works great and is cheap as well

I have mine wired directly to a HD momentary toggle. I was in a bind, it was quick and easy. A relay is the better way to do it. When i rewire my engine, i will do this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom