need a heater control valve with my 350 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

With it warming up and having put my roof on I want to be able to shut off the heater. What have you V8 guys done for a heater control valve?

Put a generic brass valve in the heater hose inside the cab? Find something from the junk yard.... ????

Thanks, B.

I would plumb in a 1/4 turn Stainless/teflon ball valve.

use the stock one from a later model fj40 and you can control it inside the cab good luck

i just put ball valves in line. i got them from home depot or lowes and just turn them off for summer. one is in the water pump and one is in the manifold and if a heater hose starts to leak you have a way to shut it off too.

Cool, thanks guys.
B.

I did the Home Depot version for a while. It hurts to turn it on or off if your engine has been running for awhile I replaced with a cable controlled valve from Napa. Valve was like $10 or so. Used another FJ40 "V"ent cable to control it. Much better solution.

Shawn

I did the Home Depot version for a while. It hurts to turn it on or off if your engine has been running for awhile I replaced with a cable controlled valve from Napa. Valve was like $10 or so. Used another FJ40 "V"ent cable to control it. Much better solution.

Shawn

Cool guys, thanks.
That looks like the solution crushr, appreciate it.
B.

Last edited:
heater valve fits and works perfectly

Thanks for the help mud-bros! :cheers:
IMG_1692.JPG

I just priced an OEM one $160 if they can get one.

This one will work better and for way less.
:D

Hi All:

US$75 plus shipping from CruiserDan at American Toyota in New Mexico for a NOS Toyota factory heater control valve for a '74 FJ40.

Regards,

Alan

I just priced an OEM one $160 if they can get one.

This one will work better and for way less.
:D

:cheers: wow. That's unreal.

With a 350 the oem one isn't ideal. The Ford one would actually clean up the plumbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom