Nebraska Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We will be hosting a weekend meet the last weekend of March at Chalco Hills. April we have a meet in Lincoln. Decals made and a new design soon to come as hats, shirts, and decals.

20220223_204047.jpg

Screenshot_20220223-205717_Gallery.jpg

Thank for the notice. I will not be able to make it the meet/greet next week. But totally in!!

Col Mustard, next to a tree, with the wrench.

Next meet..

Screenshot_20220303-124120_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220303-124145_Facebook.jpg

Hey everyone, thought I'd introduce myself since I'm starting to spend more time on MUD. I live in Southwest Omaha. A little over a month ago, I picked up a '96 Cruiser to go along with my 2020 Tundra TRD Pro.

I didn't realize there was a Nebraska thread on here; I was following some pictures from @Plains Cruiser and his 80 series (very nice btw) and noticed he was from Nebraska and that led me here.

I'm just getting started with the Cruiser, currently it's in surgery in my garage getting a cooling system refresh since the radiator cracked on me already. Should be a fun project! Factory triple locked Gold Edition from the Southeast (very little rust).

Here is the Cruiser:

IMG_0153.jpeg

And the Tundra:

IMG_5229 (2).jpeg

@Greyota . Welcome to the addiction.

Not sure if there is any interest but a good friend of mine is having a local "poker run" style fundraiser. While he's a hot rod guy he assures me that my Land cruiser is welcome. Might be an interesting way to get some cruisers together?

IMG_20220512_213146.jpg

Awesome rigs! Welcome!

@Greyota . Welcome to the addiction.

Not sure if there is any interest but a good friend of mine is having a local "poker run" style fundraiser. While he's a hot rod guy he assures me that my Land cruiser is welcome. Might be an interesting way to get some cruisers together?

View attachment 3007414
Thanks guys, looking forward to being part of the group. Not sure I could make the June 4th run though, we have some plans that weekend already.

There is a meet-up with the Flatlands Overland and Omaha 4x4 Toyota groups on May 21 9-12p. Search Facebook for it.

“Dirt and Donuts”

I’ll be there with my 200 most likely. My ‘96 is also in surgery with a cracked radiator. I have most of the parts and now in that waiting period of…how far do I go while I’m in there.

There is a meet-up with the Flatlands Overland and Omaha 4x4 Toyota groups on May 21 9-12p. Search Facebook for it.

“Dirt and Donuts”

I’ll be there with my 200 most likely. My ‘96 is also in surgery with a cracked radiator. I have most of the parts and now in that waiting period of…how far do I go while I’m in there.
Yeah, I’m a member of the Omaha Toyota group on Facebook too. I saw that meet up but am busy that weekend as well. I’ll make one of them for sure.

Initially I wasn’t going to go too deep with the radiator, and then I changed my mind and I’m glad I did so far. Radiator, radiator hoses, AT cooling hoses, belts, water pump, idler pulley, thermostat and O-rings, crank seal, heater valve (mine was bad after I removed it), heater hoses, PHH, drained and flushed the block, and will also do a blue fan clutch mod with a new clutch from Landtank. Lots of work, but I do a little bit each day so it’s not so bad.

Have some pics of your 80? Would love to see it.

Yeah, I’m a member of the Omaha Toyota group on Facebook too. I saw that meet up but am busy that weekend as well. I’ll make one of them for sure.

Initially I wasn’t going to go too deep with the radiator, and then I changed my mind and I’m glad I did so far. Radiator, radiator hoses, AT cooling hoses, belts, water pump, idler pulley, thermostat and O-rings, crank seal, heater valve (mine was bad after I removed it), heater hoses, PHH, drained and flushed the block, and will also do a blue fan clutch mod with a new clutch from Landtank. Lots of work, but I do a little bit each day so it’s not so bad.

Have some pics of your 80? Would love to see it.
Nothing special with mine. Standard White ‘96 Midwestern owned with lots of rust. The 2.5” lift is the only real mod I’ve done.

“Dirt and Donuts”

That’s some serious work! I had a hose (near the PHH) fail on my drive from Lincoln to Omaha and spill all of my coolant about a month ago. Russ (@solomrus) took me in on a Friday night and did more hoses, gaskets, and belts and got me back on the road a few days later. Then a week ago my radiator started leaking so I just had a new one installed as well. (I highly recommend Russ for any Cruiser related work that you guys want a pro to handle.)

And I know you’re talking to @MTN Seeker but I have to share a photo from last night’s dust storm:

572396DD-150B-4ADE-8CA7-52BC2337FC65.jpeg

This was right before Scott and Dustin (They’re on here but I’m not sure their handles) helped me install White Knuckle sliders.

I’m super stoked I was able to grab some SCS wheels.

That’s some serious work! I had a hose (near the PHH) fail on my drive from Lincoln to Omaha and spill all of my coolant about a month ago. Russ (@solomrus) took me in on a Friday night and did more hoses, gaskets, and belts and got me back on the road a few days later. Then a week ago my radiator started leaking so I just had a new one installed as well. (I highly recommend Russ for any Cruiser related work that you guys want a pro to handle.)

And I know you’re talking to @MTN Seeker but I have to share a photo from last night’s dust storm:

View attachment 3008302
This was right before Scott and Dustin (They’re on here but I’m not sure their handles) helped me install White Knuckle sliders.

I’m super stoked I was able to grab some SCS wheels.
That’s a really neat picture, I like those SCS wheels with the red Cruiser.

Does Russ have a business? Would be nice to have a pro when needed.

Don't get him too popular, can't have him getting super busy when we need him ;) lol

Russ has done all the heavy lifting on mine as well...went from an OG to pretty built for overlanding. Loving it!
No worries, I do most of the work myself anwyway, Just finished up with a full cooling system refresh this past weekend (OEM radiator, water pump, thermostat, heater valve, belts, idler pulley, PHH from Wits' end, and most of all the hoses along with a system flush and new coolant). My Blue Fan clutch from Landtank just arrived, so I'll put that in soon as well.

By the way, I went back and looked at your earlier posts and saw your cruiser from BaT. What a great find and an awesome rig. What lift springs did you end up going with? I'm about to order my suspension and am debating a couple options.

No worries, I do most of the work myself anwyway, Just finished up with a full cooling system refresh this past weekend (OEM radiator, water pump, thermostat, heater valve, belts, idler pulley, PHH from Wits' end, and most of all the hoses along with a system flush and new coolant). My Blue Fan clutch from Landtank just arrived, so I'll put that in soon as well.

By the way, I went back and looked at your earlier posts and saw your cruiser from BaT. What a great find and an awesome rig. What lift springs did you end up going with? I'm about to order my suspension and am debating a couple options.
If you have Facebook, look us up at Omaha Toyota 4WD.

If you have Facebook, look us up at Omaha Toyota 4WD.
Yeah, I joined that group a few months ago but haven't made it to any of the meet-ups yet.

For those interested...

Screenshot_20220717-122450_Facebook.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom