SOLD NC - 1981 Hilux Work Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. Minitruck
Mileage
Well folks. As much as I love the Toyota, it is time to move it on to the next lucky owner. I have my sights set on other projects so here is your chance at one killer cool custom rig.
Me and my buddy Jeff picked this up as a team project and have spent many Saturdays and many many dollars getting it to this point. No expense was spared in making this a capable, dependable trail rig.
It is a 1981 Toyota pickup, Hilux, SR5, or what ever you want to call it. We named it #hiluxworktruck It came with the awesome mini Reading aluminum utility bed. Find another one - you won’t.
We added the custom camper top which we had to shorten to fit. This is great for sleeping in and fits an air mattress (included) just perfect. I also added hammock hooks on the rear so you can back up to a tree and grab a nap.
Upon first getting the truck it got the full treatment. Motor came out and got all new VCG, oil pan gasket, rear main, all new belts, hoses, water pump, fan clutch, plugs, wires, belts, muffler, everything replaced that could fail on the trail. All new fluids, battery terminals, and so on.
It got an upgraded FJ80 master cylinder, tundra rotors, Tacoma calipers all sourced new. Full front axle rebuild with new seals and bearings from Marlin Crawler. Rebuilt locking hubs, High Steer kit, and we added power steering with brand new ps pump, belts and hoses. H4 headlights and light covers. It also got diff breather tubes installed. All that work and we never went into the motor. She runs strong but has developed a smoking problem and will need new rings in the near future.
What suspension is on it you ask? I don’t know. Don’t ask again. It is set up how we got it and performs great.
The frame... let’s talk about the weak link in these trucks the crappy frames that all rusted away. Fear not my friends, this one did not escape that fate but it has been addressed. The previous owner boxed in the rear frame and did an outstanding job. We continued this process up front and reinforced the front areas that were questionable. This frame is more stout than Toyota ever made them and will last for years to come. The power steering bracket was also custom made, welded to the frame and reinforced. It has a great rear bumper setup with tire swing out. Slider step combo along the sides. Custom rear rock slider bars by Jeff, and possibly the best front bumper setup you will find on these old trucks once again 100% designed and fabricated by Jeff. It is hard welded to the frame and not removable. It has a brand new Smittybuilt x20 10,000lb winch with wireless controller and synthetic cable. Again, it is brand new and has never yet seen trail use.
We added steel wheels with vintage appropriate center caps. Tires are Ironman 33x12.50 - the spare is brand new. Never seen the road or trail.
I completely refreshed the interior adding Integra seats, custom door panels, new headliner and center console. New dash pad and extra 12v outlet. Rubber floor liner too!
This truck also comes with a treasure trove of parts. Good 99% rust free doors, hood, fenders. Fenders and hood I had sandblasted and put in primer. Hood had two dents and I put some body putty on it. Brand new rocker panels still in the box. Body is rusty but here you have all the pieces to make it pretty again.
Extra motor, transmission, and transfer case come with the deal condition all unknown. All the smog parts we removed from the engine are included plus a couple of boxes of extra parts.
Whew... I think that’s mostly it. Maybe I’m forgetting something.
Oh yeah. Heat? A/C? What’s that. Roll the windows down. This is a freakin manly trail truck. If your uncomfortable this is not for you.
So that’s it! A full package project trail truck no part out, no trades, no BS. Is what it is. Now It can all be yours.

Asking $10,500
Price is firm I don’t feel like negotiating. It makes me grumpy.
Located in Winston Salem, NC
as/is, where is. I could be persuaded to deliver within reason on your dime.

It is impossible not to smile driving this truck you will love it and everyone that sees will love it too!

Specific pics available upon request.

F905690A-51AD-4CC8-B7C4-0529A4085E9E.jpeg

73F971C6-CE64-49C8-A077-50836CF88333.jpeg

D30C6C78-EF20-49F9-9F6F-C23B01672985.jpeg

64CB48B6-5C97-436F-BC4C-666093FA68DB.jpeg

D4B38E0D-7EDF-4F68-8019-EFC4F5C1E8C8.jpeg

Very cool. Really no heat?
The heater control valve at the firewall needs replacing. And the slider controls are kinda janky.
I just never messed with them because I haven’t used it for winter activities.
Blower fan works though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom