Navigation Override (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found on this on another forum and thought I share the info here. I read that it applies to 04-06 Nav systems, but I can only confirm that it worked on my 04.

Anyhow, this fix/override allows a destination to be entered while in motion. This great for having your passenger enter the destination while on the go.
The only downside is that system defaults back to normal mode once you cycle the ignition. You can enable this at anytime while on the go. As always be safe.

Steps:

1. Press Menu button.
2. On the screen that appears, there is a volume button--press it.
3. On this screen, there are no buttons at the top left corner and bottom left corner, but press in this order; Top, bottom, top and bottom (Upper left and lower left) .
4. A new screen will appear with multiple buttons. Press and hold the one titled "override"--it will change colors and BEEP.
5. Push the "Back" button to exit and you're good to go.:beer:

You will notice notice other functions in this hidden menu, but I have not messed with them.

anyone try this on an 03??? where did you hear about this?

ooooo, I gotta try that on the 03 too...

ill be trying it on my 03 in ten minutes

"top and bottom" meant *simultaneously* I imagine?

i didnt get it to work doing top, bottom, top, bottom on my 03

e9999 said:
"top and bottom" meant *simultaneously* I imagine?

E9999,

Sorry, no one at a time. Hit the top left then the bottom left, top left again and then bottom left again.

CTapia

bwbski26 said:
i didnt get it to work doing top, bottom, top, bottom on my 03

Bwbski26,

Did you make sure you were pressing the upper left then lower left corners?

left would be drivers side correct?

thanks. i hope it does work. would be great for the passanger to update info while on a road trip.

bwbski26 said:
left would be drivers side correct?

Yes, drivers side.

I tried it out on my 1994 LC and it worked fine. You have to hold done the "override" button for a few seconds to make it work. Another cool button is the "gps" button. It shows the real time GPS coordinates. This cool for offroading (were the nav maps don't have nay info) and you can see you position compared to off-road maps.

It works on my '03. I use it all the time.

i cant get it to work on my 03 either.

I think it's different for us with the '03s. Go to menu, instead of volume, press the DVD button (on screen) in the top right hand corner. This will show you a version screen. Then you proceed with the top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left, & bottom right (with a full fingerprint). When the blue screen comes up, press override until it lights up (about 3 seconds). Then hit back and you're done. Give it a try and let me know.

Last edited:
wow, i got it to work with the new instructions, thanks so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom