Navigation Delete 07.2009 - 01.2012 (w Aftermarket Stereo & Amp Install) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

we can’t use our existing clock? That seems to be a pricey little piece. Likely the stock nav clock won’t fit in the new cluster, but thought to validate.

The Nav Unit's Clock is not a separate piece. I was tempted to dissect it, but if unsuccessful, I'd have additionally lost the value of my working Nav unit for resale. If yours is broken or you are feeling adventurous, you might try to remove it, but the path forward isn't obvious.

Be careful about ordering the wrong clock. Our North America cars have airbag check systems (SRS) that other parts of the world omit. I know this because I ordered the wrong one and my airbag warning was on (assuming whole system was disabled). I installed the correct clock and everything worked fine again.

partsouq is showing 55900-60F40 available for $536.
Yeah, I"m seeing it and the F41 OOS now. Earlier the F40 was in stock, and F41 OOS. I'm sure they'll get more . . .

Has anyone bought from carmarka? They are saying 45-60 days to process, sourcing in UAE from Japan to send to Arizona (ha!), and they want full payment up front. Any ideas on how to source directly from Japan? I’m not worried about waiting two months, so long as it actually comes...

No experience with that vendor, but i have had them quote before. I looked at a uk wholesaler Toyotaoriginal and didn’t have any luck there either.

Well, fingers crossed. Order now placed with Carmarka. Couldn't source the entire list, ie clock will source stateside, but got everything the Toyota parts guys said was no longer avail in the good ol' USA.

Date of payment: 20 October 2020 02:37:20

Will keep you guys posted on progress.

Fwiw, apparently the mounting brackets are not available through Toyota's part network and, reportedly, the only climate interfaces available stateside ("only a few units left in the country") are 55900-60F11, 55900-60F21, and the 55900-60L20.

I have been slowly getting there .. but no real success yet.

Some apps, but what I really want is GPS with topo and sat overlays.

Fridge App

Cell service signal app

PA190244.JPG

PA190246.JPG

Carmarka sent an email providing an update on the parts ordered from Japan. Some are ready to ship, others are still awaiting fulfillment. They provided detailed, line item quantities and updates.

I replied thanking them for the update and they replied with a personalized "you're welcome" response.

The customer service at Carmarka is giving me hope they are legit.

Will provide further updates as they come.

Update: Carmarka customer service has been responsive and friendly. They kept me up to date on status of the order. We had been waiting for 5 terminal pieces to arrive in Dubai from Japan since early January. Rather than break the order into separate shipments, I touched bases with them every week or two. Finally, all items arived in Dubai and they were shipped out today. Fingers crossed the items ordered are the items received - and those are all the items that I need!

can one of you guys verify that there is an F28 c onnector, 26 position connector that plugs in the back somewhere?

what is it's part number? 90980-?????

of which diagram from on page one would I find it.

Carmarka order arrived. All part numbers appear accounted for.

Fwiw, they were very responsive to all my inquiries.

This project is going to be a bear.

But, oh so worth it when done.

Also, their packaging was phenomenal.

They wrapped the control assembly in cellophane, put it in a box, taped cut wood to the exterior of that box (all 6 sides), put it all into another box, packed that full of bubble wrap, then wrapped that box completely in tape.

Took a minute or two to open. But, everything appears in good condition. Impressive. Worth the wait.

57E5D6A6-0FE5-47AF-9805-FB99E9E5B236.jpeg

0C2C5D82-4955-4E1E-A212-4AB0E655C401.jpeg

So, I now realize that I have yet to purchase the upper plastic portion. See image below with a faint red circle around the piece to which I am trying to refer.

is that whole thing the “Clock Assembly (Toyota OEM US-spec, not overseas) - 83910-60200”

or is the clock assembly just the clock and the upper plastic assembly
(including where the hazard light goes into and the power button, home, volume, etc) is a different part number?

oh, I am just now realizing my volume knob will be replaced by volume buttons. Meh, not the end of the world, I suppose.

Thanks!

01BCBDFC-B0C6-49C4-A460-43DBD93F2B40.jpeg

Looks like there’s also an option without buttons...

Does it have a part number or is this the clock assembly?

thanks!

8F75620F-4D63-4EA5-AEA6-D2A855816A94.png

Looks like there’s also an option without buttons...

Does it have a part number or is this the clock assembly?

thanks!

View attachment 2597680

I wonder how they attached the Garmin GPS Montana mount on the lower right side of the console?

So, I now realize that I have yet to purchase the upper plastic portion. See image below with a faint red circle around the piece to which I am trying to refer.

is that whole thing the “Clock Assembly (Toyota OEM US-spec, not overseas) - 83910-60200”

(including where the hazard light goes into and the power button, home, volume, etc) is a different part number?

oh, I am just now realizing my volume knob will be replaced by volume buttons. Meh, not the end of the world, I suppose.

Thanks!

View attachment 2597677
When I search that part number it shows just as the clock..
1614533631632.png

Looks like am needing the generic 2 din bezel.
There’s an Australia version and a China version.

I just paid the extra money for the one from Australia. Probably was made in China...

AA5EBEF7-091D-4E8B-862D-02DBF456954A.jpeg

China one...

DD544422-B4E6-4965-91DA-C9C87052A88B.png

Has anyone looked into this company?
Astral

Thanks!

View attachment 2597677
The clock assembly is only a 2" x 7" candy-bar shaped clock assembly that screws into the back of the plastic radio fascia. Likewise, the hazard button snaps into place at the bottom of the fascia. What you have circled above, I believe, is an Android unit, which is why it has buttons included in the fascia. The surround you show in your other post without the buttons (Ebay listing), is for a double-din radio. Be careful though, because the toyota-oem facia is not the standard dinn opening used in the US. It is wider and requires a similarly shaped radio to avoid gaps. That said, the Ebay listing above, does look like the right one.

In my opinion the Android unit looks much better, but the decision on which way to go for me hinged on sound quality. I knew I could get a better sounding double din unit and I do not yet trust the Android unit quality (although I do think they are improving).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom