Navi buttons on side, HVAC buttons, and clock are dead… ‘04 LX nav (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All of a sudden the buttons to the left of the screen (‘04 LX nav) and all the HVAC controls are dead. Clock is also off.

Strange thing is the screen works, and goes to my last setting (trip computer), and reverse cam also works fine. Screen still functional… just Navi, A/C controls and clock are dead.

cant control AC, nav or event vents right now.

Anyone ever have this happen? And what was the fix?
(All fuses are ok)

Ok..
just did some more trouble shooting... totally baffled...
getting desperate to fix this since it killed all A/C controls right now.

Good:
Navi touchscreen works fine…
Radio works fine... Even plays dvd movies fine and can use all the touchscreen controls.
No blown fuses I could find.
Security red blinky light, fine.
Hazard/Antenna height/Center diff Buttons, all work fine

Bad:
Buttons on left side of screen ALL dead (non responsive)
Buttons below screen (HVAC controls) ALL dead (non responsive)
Clock dead.

*tried unplugging all connectors behind the units, and reinsert..
didnt make any difference.

**Any suggestions to try?

(not planning to replace for Tesla screens or other aftermarket HU’s yet…want to preserve OE for now)

Just tried ejecting the Navi Dvd just to see if it does anything….
-navi dvd drive still works. Ejects, and accepts dvd no prob.
-still non responsive hard buttons on side and bottom of screen.
-no clock, no outside temp.

seems like no power going them…. 🧐

no warnings or anything else. Radio works fine.

anyone have any suggestions or tips to help fix this?

Something similar just happened to my 2004 land cruiser. Only in my case, the climate control strip isn’t working and is, I believe, stuck in Auto mode (thank goodness). 2004 models had an issue with the 60 pin connection — I think that’s what’s happening to both of ours.

Something similar just happened to my 2004 land cruiser. Only in my case, the climate control strip isn’t working and is, I believe, stuck in Auto mode (thank goodness). 2004 models had an issue with the 60 pin connection — I think that’s what’s happening to both of ours.
Just checked all fuses again, nothing obviously blown…
also took the MFD apart and reflowed solder over Pin-60…
still nothing different. (Physical buttons on MFD still unresponsive, but screen and touch still works)

at least it was perfect time to install the Owl Expedition Media Mount.

Sorry to hear that didn’t fix it. The buttons to the left of the screen all work for me. My issue is with the climate only button strip below. There’s another thread where a guy replaced his AC amplifier (small black box behind screen) and it fixed his problem.

Sorry to hear that didn’t fix it. The buttons to the left of the screen all work for me. My issue is with the climate only button strip below. There’s another thread where a guy replaced his AC amplifier (small black box behind screen) and it fixed his problem.
Found a used one on ebay... claims it works fine, so will be giving that a try too...

Also ordered a "new" MFD driver board... Ugh. One of these better work... lol

Keep me posted, I may give that a shot as well.

Found a used one on ebay... claims it works fine, so will be giving that a try too...

Also ordered a "new" MFD driver board... Ugh. One of these better work... lol
I am having a similar problem in my daughters 2006. Any update on finding a solution?

My issue was a faulty Gateway ECU. The dealer replaced the head unit (MFD) and the AC amplifier before being able to diagnose the gateway. Hope this helps.

Here's the part number for the gateway ECU: #89111-60030. And, a link to another thread I was posting on:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom