Napoleon-longest build ever (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bambino840

Jive Turkey
SILVER Star
Threads
Farm is ready for winter so ...enough blabbing. Going to start this 1985 mini I've been yipping about.

I have a tonne of parts I've accumulated over the last year so that may speed things up but I doubt it.

Started with some full ifs Trail gear housings I picked up on Kajiji. Welded the truss on and then realized I need a good place to paint stuff.
truss prep.JPG
truss welds.JPG
truss.JPG

I needed a good place to hang stuff and paint and honestly its frustrated me more than once. I built the Paint Stand 1000. (formaly the paint-o-matic 1000). No high tech paint here folks just tremclad primer and paint. Picked up some six-shooter knuckles and found the six shooter steering arms on Kajiji.
FullSizeRender.jpg
paint-o-matic 1.jpg

the donor

85 mini,22R, lift with rock hard springs, no shocks, 35 " Mickeys

springs are leaving, 35's may get a try, 22 R is going on propane( hence the Name-maybe run a line from the tanks for a trail BBQ). Redo the flat deck, clean up the interior and a few other gadgets.
Napoloen.JPG

Looks good Dean. Is that a 430 Deere in back of shop ? Father in law has an old M and a 330 back in Manitoba. I sure miss shop space.

It's a john Deere AR series. My dads project. Needs a little love right now.

Parts have started showing up so I started assembly of the front. Bj 74 brakes are giving me issues so I've got a couple things going but I should make some decent progress this week
front assembly.jpg

image.jpg
Farm was not ready, sleds needed repair, cow problems but I think I can get some momentum
Quick tune up before propane

image.jpg
Runs pretty good for a California emissions unit

image.jpg
Pressed new bushing into new chromoly spindles

Got the 5.29 Arb in the front, six shooters lined up, dirty 30s with marlin seals
image.jpg

Gonna sell those tires one way or another if anybody is interested

Gonna sell those tires one way or another if anybody is interested

I assume you are talking about the Baja Claw-ish tires, rather than the gnarly Boggers in the 2nd post?

Yep the claws, 35's on a 15" rim

If only they were on 16"...

Looking good Dean. No better place to be than in the shop with the stove burnin' and plenty of new parts!

The new parts actually create a lot of work. They aren't loosy goosy like I'm used too.

image.jpg
Went out today to button up the front but I was missing parts.not sure if I screwed up but I may not have bought everything I need for the brakes, sexy though

image.jpg
So went outside , dusted the snow off and figured I'd get the deck off. Previous owner decided it was going to be a permanent deck. Pro is no rusty bolts to deal with. Con- deck was welded to the frame

Whoops, that's it for today kids, Sunday is bbq day at Bambinos house. Stay tuned.

I think you either need to slow down or change the title of this build. Your'e starting to make Speedy Gonzales look slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom