MY06LX EWD needed badly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If anyone has a link to it?, ... need to trace AHC ECU harness from ECU connectors to damping force actuators, and the connectors at ECU are not marked ... need back of AHC ECU connector view.

Thx!

your best option is TIS for one day, download each section you need. There are going to be too many differences from 2004 LC VS LX and also the LX differences from the LC alone, regardless of year.

I have lots of 2007 LX sections but not the ones you're looking for. They are different all around comparatively.

Thanks Icanklim, ...

jerryb, Yes, I believe 04LC has no AHC where the 06LX has one ... that would major difference. and that where my AHC harness diagram need is. You’re right TIS can be real live saver!

Am I the only guy that buys the hard copy?

06 LX470 EWD 1-4

AHC EWD 1.jpg

AHC EWD 2.jpg

AHC EWD 3.jpg

AHC EWD 4.jpg

Thanks a million! ... it makes more and more sense every minute, but how do I reference these diagrams and physical ECU connector, the are no markings on the connector, ... do you have a page with AHC ECU pinout ???

Measuring the resistance on the wire harness that goes to EHC ECU between all pins (with everything disconnected; ECU, Actuators fuses and relays) ... and are getting few pins that are connected to ground ??? is this normal state ???

IMG_8265.jpg

If you look at the "Suspension Control ECU" in the drawings above, each connection to it appears to show a "connector" (A/B/C) and a pin number. From this, you should be able to map a pinout for the relevant pins.

Got it thx! ... the connectors on ECU are A, B and C largest to smallest one, and harness connectors are S6 S7 and S8 accordingly

Last edited:
Ok, anyone has a page 58 from EWD ... or maybe know where the B11 junction (splice point) is in the frame? ... seems to be the point where i may have SHORT circuit !!!!

IMG_8267.JPG

IMG_8268.JPG

IMG_8266.JPG

Thanks a million! ... it makes more and more sense every minute, but how do I reference these diagrams and physical ECU connector, the are no markings on the connector, ... do you have a page with AHC ECU pinout ???

Measuring the resistance on the wire harness that goes to EHC ECU between all pins (with everything disconnected; ECU, Actuators fuses and relays) ... and are getting few pins that are connected to ground ??? is this normal state ???

View attachment 1733175
Ok you’re doing some good work here. Let me throw this in. On your first image with the 2x6 pinout thats S8 or connector C, it’s the one that’s carrying the signals in question. From top left it’s numbered 1-6 and bottom row is 7-12. Pin 7 is always ground, correct, but your pins 2,3,4,9 should not be ground. Now from the ECU that harness goes to the left footwell connector ID6 and from there to your left rear interior quarter panel BF5 (under and behind the jack mount panel) and from there to BI1 and BI2. Now those 4 wires that seem to be grounded have a common connection at BF5 so that’s where I’d disconnect the harness and see if the ground lifts. If it does then the problem is at that connector or further downstream, if it stays then it’s upstream. Here are some pics and the grey 22 pin connector I’d split the circuit at.

F949434C-A3EC-4291-A454-AC3F28E640EB.jpeg

6D41180C-F070-4F25-9B01-E996983B4506.jpeg

278365E0-A1F4-4340-A197-16C525562065.jpeg

54415C33-5B9F-4ED2-9696-B582939FE026.jpeg

66C59079-AD38-4C82-9844-FE66BA0C577A.jpeg

Thank you very much Paddo! ... no luck, or success yet, got to let it go today, still have a full time job got to go to :) ... will have a closer look at these connectors soon again !!! vehicle is drivable but with hard suspension. I will report whatever i will come up with. Have a nice weekend guys!

Ok, i was able to troubleshoot it to the BI1 and BI2 connectors, i did disconnected the BF5 and got ground lifted from my ECU harness.
I have the fault between the BI1/BI2 and the actuator connectors which points at the large chunk of the B11 splice (checked visually and looks very clean and untouched) it is in super, super tight spot, nicely fixed and very well protected with cable shroud, etc ... and I’m not sure if it make much sense to start ripping it apart ???
Anyway, there is still something on the end I don’t fully understand; the damping force actuators have different connector designations on the drawing such as BD1, BG1 and BG2 ... from the electric diagram drawing I see location of BD1 and BD2 only, ... where is the BG2 located? and is it BG1 same as the actuator's harness? ...or is there another bunch of connectors with the same name somewhere else? HELP !!!

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 23.30.57.png

BG2 & BG1 -> frame #3 wire and frame wire near the right rear suspension support.
The last point of commonality for the front and rear circuits is B11 splice point however BG2 & BG1 are easier to access I believe.

42F74FAE-F5E3-4EB5-A004-8EA39BAA9AC2.jpeg

I think I got it :) ... found connectors BG1 and BG2 totally melted which would precisely explain my signal to ground short, and of course DTC 1721 and 1723 ... I would suspect that in the past salty water got inside these and previous owner used 50A instead of 20A ... there is a reason these were designed to handle safely probably half of the 20Amps considering the wire of 18-20 AWG

Either way, i have to say to access these connectors is next to impossible! ... no joke! ... unless you remove the entire truck off the frame, they sit right on the frame and under the right suspension support. Worst location to work on ever, so, to access these little guys I had a choice of cutting the floor under the rear seat, ... or option two, cut a 1” sliver arch off the wheel well inside where the tire is ... and it actually worked very nicely. Checked the resistance all around and the only GRND i get now is pin7 at the AHC ECU harness connector.

At this point all I have to do is splice is (solder, heat shrink, and plastic shroud) few black zip ties with some rustproofing with rubberized spray paint on the cut surfaces and it will be just like new :) Will test it tomorrow, can’t wait!

Big THANKS to PADDO !!!

IMG_8321.JPG

IMG_8323.JPG

IMG_8322.JPG

IMG_8328.JPG

IMG_8336.JPG

Last edited:
Just test drove and .... we have a WINNER !!!! ...
What a fantastic ride now! I can’t say wasn’t much work and time spent on it, but by end of the day HUGE satisfaction! can’t say how different the truck rides, just like new :) LOVE it !!! ...

Is there a place here on IH8MUD I can get rid of my old Globes (since they werent the reason the ride was harsh) ... they are 2006 globes with 105K miles.

Once again thanks guys!, and PADDO you ROCK! ...

IMG_8338.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom