EWD for rear locker? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MDarius

I break stuff.
SILVER Star
Threads
We are troubleshooting the rear locker on my son-in-law's '99 100 series. I've been through a few of the rear locker problem threads. I own an 80 and I'm familiar with the basic troubleshooting of just drive it until it remembers to engage (figure 8's, gravel, CDL engaged in low...). Tried that with no luck.

We removed the first connector back from the switch in the locker, it is a gray connector with 2 wires, a red one with blue marks and a dark one with a white stripe. We checked voltage with the CDL engaged and t-case in 4-lo. Yellow light on the dash, locker switch turned with the red locker light flashing. We rolled the truck forward and back a couple feet with one of us under watching the multimeter. We had no voltage between the two wires.

I chased the harness to a square gray connector in the rear DS corner under the bumper and everything looks fine physically. Maybe I chased the wrong harness?

I'm wondering if anyone has an EWD for the 100 series (for the win!) or just this section. The other threads I've seen didn't get closure on EWD's or knowing what fuse to check for this circuit.

I would like to test instead of just throwing new sensors and switches at it. Thanks for your help!

We do have water ingress in the cab even though the water flows freely through the sunroof drains, so it's possible we have wet circuits there, too. I just don't know which connectors and what to test without the EWD.

The picture is just because I know you all like pictures.
PXL_20230430_235414803.PORTRAIT.jpg

It looks like there are just the 4 pages in the 1999 EWD for the rear locker.

IMG_1790.jpeg

IMG_1791.jpeg

I got this EWD to swap in a factory locking axle, but it's turned out to be pretty pointless for me. I ended up wiring the thing myself, wasn't smart enough to work out how to splice in the stock harness. If you're in SLC anytime, you're welcome to have it.

Thank you! I live in Bountiful. I'll pm you.

That manual is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom