My ugly valence (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How hard is it to take the valence off my FJ60? Does it just unbolt? And the hoses to the headlight washers just unclamp? And the headligh washers unscrew? Can I get it off if I just take the headlight housings out, or do I have to take the grill off first, too?

It's the ugliest piece of metal on my truck--rock dings, a bend from a small accident, a little bit of rust near the headlight washers--and I want to clean it up a bit. I'm sick and tired of looking at it. Why oh why I don't want to wait until summertime and warmer weather is beyond my ken.

Yes it unbolts. IIRC there are two bolts on each side to the fenders and one in the middle? If I am wrong please correct me. I fixied it wonce from my first deer colision but have tyet to fix the second.

I took two Fj60 valences off in the last week.
Be careful with the center bolt that goes to the brace in front of the radiator-that 10mm is apt to snap off.
There are IIRC 3 bolts on either side that are for the front valance, front apron, and side fenders. Just remove the bolts, (3 on each side, one in the middle) and it comes right out.
The grill must come off, (both trucks I recently did had no grill), but the headight stuff can stay.
Shouldn't be difficult to do.
Edit: WOOHOO post count=2k :D

How long you gonna leave it at 2000, Bailey?

Not long. Already hit 2002 before I posted this.
Now I may just leave it at 2005 for awhile. That will be one kick ass year. Right Max? :D

dang i need to post whore cause i am waay behind you all :cheers:

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=9720;start=msg85733#msg85733 date=1073427105]
Not long. Already hit 2002 before I posted this.
Now I may just leave it at 2005 for awhile. That will be one kick ass year. Right Max? :D
[/quote]

Betcha can't do it! :flipoff2:

If you think Bailey posta a lot you should hear him talk :flipoff2:

Cruiser, Cruiser, cruiser, cruiser, cruiser... did I tell you about the cruiser?

Best way to remove the lower valence is to hook a 350 SBC powered 40 to it and pull, or do what Bailey said. (my way is much more fun)

[quote author=dd113 link=board=1;threadid=9720;start=msg85970#msg85970 date=1073448674]
If you think Bailey posta a lot you should hear him talk :flipoff2:
[/quote]

No Doubt!

Here it is.
Post 2005. What a milestone. :flipoff2: I may hafta back off after this one. But then I've got 2009, when I'll (hopefully) graduate from college. :D
If you think Bailey posta a lot you should hear him talk
Cruiser, Cruiser, cruiser, cruiser, cruiser... did I tell you about the cruiser?
Hmm now why could that be. Could it be that whenever I'm around you its at either the cruiser club meeting, at the cruiser shop, wheeling cruisers.... :flipoff2:

Caught that edit. Don't think they'll let you graduate college after only 3 years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom