My Sahara handles like a council bus. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I've just joined your forum as I'm looking for a bit of help.
I have recently taken delivery of a new LC200 Sahara ( Australian spec- Diesel 4.5V8TT ) . Mostly used for long trips on gravel and sealed roads and across farming country.
It’s a beautiful comfortable car, but it wallows at high speed on uneven bitumen roads and sways on corners.
My question, can the suspension settings be changed or can it be improved / modified without a major investment.
I don’t want to lose the comfortable ride nor do I want to increase the c of g by jacking it up or changing the character of the vehicle.
Thanks for any input you can provide.

What tires do the Aussie spec vehicles ship with? If they have the same P-metric rated tires as the US Spec, I'd start with some LT rated tires.

Also which suspension does the Sahara have? Adjustable height control? KDSS? Base coil springs and traditional sway bars?

When you say new, is it new to you, or new as in brand new? If it is used, suspension components certainly wear out. The answer to the questions above mine would also help us narrow in. I've not experienced a wallowing suspension on any land cruiser I've owned (I think I'm up to five or six now). If it is a strut and spring (not AHC) there are plenty of ways to refresh it, including as simple as factory struts (relatively inexpensive) and lots of aftermarket options in your market. OME Nitrocharger and Bilstein are price competitive mild upgrades here.

I'd add tire pressure on your check list. Air up a bit more than factory spec and check the ride

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom