My project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
pic.php
pic.php
pic.php

Hey Guys,
Thought I'd show you my project...72 FJ40, will have power steering, an SM420 mated to a sb350 with an RV cam, 4 barrel Edelbrock carb and intake. Stock 3speed tcase, frame and tub were soda blasted and painted with POR 15 before I bought it. Will be painted with "Poxt Coating II" color still undecided. When I bought it from my buddy, it came with a vortec V6 and auto trans...I traded the motor for the hardtop and doors, considering it had no top at all. I took the V8 out of my pickup and put it into the cruiser. 33in thornbirds and what I'm using for the moment but BFGs in the future. Nerf bars are going too... I'll post some pics of the build up!

:D

Keep up the momentum , good luck with it an keep us posted

Sounds good man! Im 10 months into my project and I still cant see the light at the end of the tunnel! Keep us posted, and good luck. BTW, when you say the nerf bars are "going" does that mean they are for sale ;) ?

Mike

[quote author=offcamber40 link=board=1;threadid=4011;start=0#msg29497 date=1059571374]
Sounds good man! Im 10 months into my project and I still cant see the light at the end of the tunnel! Keep us posted, and good luck. BTW, when you say the nerf bars are "going" does that mean they are for sale ;) ?

Mike
[/quote]

Yep! email me for more info.

Anyone know about the tcase shifter linkage using the stock 3speed tcase with the sm420?

[quote author=72tlcnelson link=board=1;threadid=4011;start=0#msg29669 date=1059632422]
Anyone know about the tcase shifter linkage using the stock 3speed tcase with the sm420?
[/quote]
Mentioned in earlier threads:
Option #1
Easy but $ option is to buy an Advance Adapters adjustable twin stick T-case shifter
Advantages-Get independent shifting of 4wd/2wd and hi/lo, adapts to any length drivetrain
Disadvantage: Costs about $215
Option #2
Read the writeup in Tech, Pinhead (Charlie Glabe) makes his own, and you can too provided you can weld or someone you know can.
Option #3
Figure something out ???

Just an update...Motor mounts, trany and tcase mounts and shackles are done. Ordered a few things today...

1. Aux tank
2. Wiring harness
3. ARB lockers front and rear plus compressor

Pics coming soon!

how long are those rear shackles in the pick? :eek:

[quote author=bad_religion_au link=board=1;threadid=4011;start=0#msg30163 date=1059957943]
how long are those rear shackles in the pick? :eek:
[/quote]

I think they are 7 inches. Those were some of the 1st things to go... Brett and Rolley Laird up here in Idaho are working on my cruiser. 2 weeks ago I took the body off and hauled the frame out to them to mount the engine, tranny and tcase. They are making custom shackles on all four corners so those shackles in the pics are gone. Check out Brett Laird's cruiser in the members rigs at www.nwcruisers.com...My shackles will be similar to his.

Question...
I'm running a pretty stock V8, RV Cam, 4 Barrel Carb, SM420, 3speed tcase and 33in tires. My question is, will I or should I run an electric fan? Opinions please!
Thanks,
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom