My project build - 2003 HZJ105 diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you near Queensland by chance? Landscape is beautiful!

That is a great truck, very nice work! It reminds me of the ones we had growing up in the middle east. I dont think I had ever seen one with an automatic transmission till I came to the states. Had a 4 door hilux diesel when I first started to drive till it was taken at gun point. :(

Also, what type/brand of roof rack mounts are you using? Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you near Queensland by chance? Landscape is beautiful!

Yeah, good pickup e34croak. I live on an acre near Cairns which is Far North Queensland. It's quite tropical, we are surrounded by rainforest coverered hills and mountains. Here is a couple more pics if you are interested.
First one is our front yard view, second is our back yard view.
image.jpg

image.jpg

That is a great truck, very nice work! It reminds me of the ones we had growing up in the middle east. I dont think I had ever seen one with an automatic transmission till I came to the states. Had a 4 door hilux diesel when I first started to drive till it was taken at gun point. :(

Also, what type/brand of roof rack mounts are you using? Thanks.
Sounds like one hell of a story Mate, I presume it was the middle east where you had your Hilux taken. Whereabouts in the ME?

I got my roof rack from this place about 6 years ago.
http://powerful4x4.com.au/

My mate at work is from NZ originally but he lived in Mackay, couple towns over. I'm jealous :( I've been all over NZ but I want to bang over to aussie for a bit. Keep us up to date on that choice LC you scored!

Mackay is a nice spot too. It's about 8 hours drive south from here. I have traveled around both islands of NZ too, also a great place to explore.

Nice work on the truck. I picked up an 06 HZJ105 for our growing family a year ago and am slowly trying to de-Africanize it. Your pics from under the hood are helping me see what some things are supposed to look like!

Here you go. I was mostly talking about the mounting of the fusible link block. I figured it didn't come from the factory with zip ties for mounting and wires twisted together...
upload_2016-1-1_14-28-52.png

Here's a view of the inside showing the nice local workmanship (by the way the cover is held on with drywall screws):
upload_2016-1-1_14-30-48.png

I've spent a lot of time this past year tracing down electrical problems and replacing fuses that had wire twisted around the two blades. Still a ways to go, as you can see. Otherwise, been a great truck, and has pulled a lot of loaded dump trucks and supply trucks through the ruts and mud to reach our place.

So I installed a centre console and passenger bucket to the Cruza recently.
image_zpsta4m81pm.jpeg

Also relocated the light bar and spot light switches to the console as well as a twin USB.
image_zpsht4qzavf.jpeg

Couple of pics of the outside and one with the camer trailer.
image_zps8biv3d90.jpeg

image_zpsre5fgbal.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom