My New M101 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally found a Canadian M101 in really good shape. I bought it for $950 just yesterday. Seemed like a good deal from what I've looked at? It has never been titled in the US and was just released from the Canadian military. Trying to get all the paperwork done to get it registered and titled. Hopefully it won't be too big a pain! The trailer has some minor surface rust, but NO holes. The bulk of the rust is on the undercarriage, frame and leaf springs. I plan to have it sandblasted and painted soon. I'm thinking T416 Dune Beige which is my favorite old Land Cruiser color! I want to have a top fabricated with rack, as well as various other attachment points. The trailer will be used for wheeling and camping with my wife, 3 kids and fat ass bulldog! I also want to add a water tank, propane, 5 lug hubs for my extra 100 series rims (thanks Exiled!) etc. I'm afraid this thing is going to turn into an addiction like the Land Cruiser! Should be fun. Here are a couple pics as it sits:
IMG_1079.jpg
IMG_1080.jpg
IMG_1082.jpg

Here is kind of what I'm shooting for:
Trailer.jpg

Looks great! You know that after you have it painted Dune Beige you'll need to go back and repaint the Canadian flag stencils don't you?

Can't wait to see another trailer build.

Mike

Looks great! You know that after you have it painted Dune Beige you'll need to go back and repaint the Canadian flag stencils don't you?

Can't wait to see another trailer build.

Mike

Actually that would be cool. Do you know where I can get them?

You might measure the width and height of the existing flag stencils. You can later scale a picture of the flag to the correct size and then make your own stencil as was suggested.

Mike

FYI - I may have some parts top sell off as I get this thing built up over the next month or so...possibly the tires/wheels, maybe axle and leafs, etc.

Nice score damn silly Canadians are good for something:D ehe

Pint- good looking trailer! I might ad your garage is way too clean:)

Wish I had one of those 101s.... However getting surplus stuff like that around here is almost impossible. So easy to upgrade a base trailer like that. Just weld stuff on, and cut things off you don't want or need. How convenient is that?!

Wish I had one of those 101s.... However getting surplus stuff like that around here is almost impossible. So easy to upgrade a base trailer like that. Just weld stuff on, and cut things off you don't want or need. How convenient is that?!

I hope it turns out to be that easy! At this point, it sounds like the toughest part may be getting it registered. It has never been registered in the US before and the local DMV looked at me like I was from another planet...

Good score! I am relocating to Colorado this summer and bringing mine up there. I am curious to see how it will handle the mountain trails.

Where are you moving in Colorado?

print the flag out on card stock and cut out the negative, shoot it with flat black :D

I'm kinda slow sometimes. I just did it and have template ready. I guess I need to wait and get the trailer painted!

So it would seem until you find that all that square tube is filled with an endless amount of tar mixed with stale gasoline. Its not as explosive as it sounds but it does flare up pretty good when you cut and weld it and the fumes are brutal!

I cut a tailgate into mine last fall and I'm really glad I did but I wouldn't want to do another one.

Registration in California was simple on mine (same thing, NOS, never used, never registered). The DMV lady inspected it, put a VIN sticker on it, watched the brake/tail/turn lights work, and handed me a temporary registration and plate. I had to pay extra for a copy of the title cert, that showed up 1-2 months later. YMMV.

-Dogburn

Well I finally got this thing registered this morning. They decided to call it a custom homemade trailer and gave me a new VIN, registration and plates! The title will be here shortly. It only took 7 trips to the DMV & local Police?! Let the fun begin! :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom