My New M101 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just for your information your trailer once served in the 2nd Battalion, Royal 22e Regiment (a frog, i mean French-Canadian unit), 5th Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group (CMBG) and was trailer number 8.

It is too bad you missed out the the M101 CDN's Cold War Remarketing had. They were almost brand new but they were also about $1200.00.

Just for your information your trailer once served in the 2nd Battalion, Royal 22e Regiment (a frog, i mean French-Canadian unit), 5th Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group (CMBG) and was trailer number 8.

It is too bad you missed out the the M101 CDN's Cold War Remarketing had. They were almost brand new but they were also about $1200.00.

Very cool...thanks! Cold War said he is trying to get more, but if he does they will be $1,500-$1,800 this time.

O.K., now that my trailer is legal, does anyone know where to find OEM parts? I'm looking for the triangular rear reflectors, side reflective tape and the safety chains. If I can't find OEM stuff, I will just update to new stuff from the local trailer store. Not gonna be as picky as I would if I were restoring an FJ40! OEM is great, but I'm not going to spend too much time as I want to get this thing dirty!

M101 Parts

Pint,
The triangle reflectors are rare and usaully demand a premium price. the side reflectors are regular 3" reflective tape. I bought mine from Galls and it was pretty inexspensive. The safety chains can be replaced by m416 chains which are faily plentiful and cheap. Army Surplus Warehouse has a good deal on them (link below) If you really need the originals I have a friend which is working on buying an entire front casting section just to get the lunette and associated hardware. He was planning selling the remaining parts (chains,landing leg, and V casting) I am sure he would work something out with you. Hope I have helped
1/4 ton Jeep Trailer Safety chains - Army Surplus Warehouse - Army Surplus Warehouse

Pint,
The triangle reflectors are rare and usaully demand a premium price. the side reflectors are regular 3" reflective tape. I bought mine from Galls and it was pretty inexspensive. The safety chains can be replaced by m416 chains which are faily plentiful and cheap. Army Surplus Warehouse has a good deal on them (link below) If you really need the originals I have a friend which is working on buying an entire front casting section just to get the lunette and associated hardware. He was planning selling the remaining parts (chains,landing leg, and V casting) I am sure he would work something out with you. Hope I have helped
1/4 ton Jeep Trailer Safety chains - Army Surplus Warehouse - Army Surplus Warehouse

Great link. Thanks!

I'm getting the trailer sandblasted on Friday. Matching 16" LC rims will be here in a week or so. I also ordered a new 3500 pound axle and leaf springs from my local trailer store. The trailer in general is in very good shape. The axle and leafs are pretty beat up. Since I'm not going for an OEM resto, I just ordered new stuff that is common and easy to work on.

Only a week and a half after finally getting the trailer registered I got a "new" title in the mail! I dropped the trailer at the sandblaster a few hours ago. Can't wait to see it next week. Then I'll throw some primer on for protection and get it to the welder/fabricator for the top, etc. The off to get new leafs, 3500# axle and 100 series LC rims with 265 Nitto TG's! Fun, fun. It's only money. If I don't spend it my :princess: will!..

Here are a couple quick pics after the sandblasting. Note, I didn't have them do the axle, leafs or rims as they are being replaced. I only told him to get the rust out of the bed and not worry about the paint so much as it is getting primer and bedliner sprayed in. Hey, if I can save a few bucks I will! Cost me $300, but i am very happy with the results.
Sandblasted front.jpg
Sandblasted side.jpg
sandblasted under.jpg

I finally got my new axle, leafs tires and wheels on. I also primed the whole thing and sprayed cheap bed liner in the bed this morning. Plan to get the lights wired and get some paint on it next weekend. Hopefully it will have it's maiden voyage to the Sand Dunes National Park in CO the following weekend?!

I'm jealous as hell ... love Great Sand Dunes National Park. :grinpimp:

Is the 4WD rode still open that goes North up the valley next to the dunes?

Great campin' up there in the meadows next to the stream ... just watch for bears. :eek:

I'll be up that way in August with my trailer ... if it's done. :rolleyes:

How come no more pics of the trailer? :frown:

:flamingo:

I'll get some pics up soon.

Springs

What are you using as replacement springs?

The local trailer store ordered them and welded on new brackets as they could find the exact length. Turned out good and rides much smoother.

Hey! Thats not very nice! If I wasn't a Canadian I'd be offended. :hmm: :meh:

He is jaleous......:grinpimp:

Nice trailer, mine i just bought is similar to your. But being a silly canuck i paid 750$ ;)

I'm planing on a similar built. I will draw up a cover for them in the next days, for fabrication, if you can wait you can use the drawing i will do.

So which regiment was mine?

Military Trailer M101

Here are a couple updated pictures: The first is a side shot in primer with the new wheels, etc. The second shows the cheapo bed liner I sprayed. I'm not worried about the few dents in the bed as it's going to get abused anyway! Still needs paint, lights, a flat hinged top and side brackets for water and gas cans.
Primer.jpg
Bedlined.JPG

is it the picture, or is there not alot of room between the tires, and fenders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom