My new M100 trailer thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

93yotasr5

Come and take it
Threads
Picked her up yesterday locally. The PO had put new wires and new lights with leds. Everything is looking food so far. The tailgate looks like it was welded closed many years ago. I plan on cleaning it up and painting it in the near future. The tires are brand new with the titties still on em. 235x75x15. The white wheels will be swapped out for some black ones. Thinking of doing a leaf over conversion to lift it up. The springs and shocks are in great shape. I'll take some pics tomorrow during the day to show the inside and some of the spots that need attention. I think I got a great deal on it and can't wait to have another money pit!!!

ee455cae.jpg

f1b13ee6.jpg

a8f08473.jpg

0d4cfaa8.jpg

fc724c06.jpg

Yes it was. It's missing the hand brake and hardware.

Was the diamond plate added to the back to reinforce the bracket for the spare tire? Looks to clean a trailer to have had rust issues.

Yes it was welded on there. I'll post more pics in a little bit. It needs some cosmetic welding done inside.
L

Painted the spare and am now about to spray the fenders with spray on bed liner.
Plan on spraying the rest of the exterior with OF green paint.
5253a9e4.jpg

de01a28e.jpg

30e9bce2.jpg

700d1fc4.jpg

Did the PO make that tongue extension to bolt to the lunette's anchor casting?

Yes they did

Thanks. I took the fenders off and an spraying them with the bed liner and I'm going to paint the rest of the body OD green

is it possible to run a spring over axle set up to get her to sit level with my rig?

is it possible to run a spring over axle set up to get her to sit level with my rig?

Yes, but it raises it about 6 inches. I had it for awhile but have recently switched back.

original height

Something to think about; you'll have to adjust the parking brake cable and make an extension for the landing leg.

One more with a stock height Dodge.

CanyonFire9-4-11003.jpg

I did a springover on two of my jeep trailers. I'm wondering if it might be better to use 3" or 4" spacers to space the spring and shackle perches out with an SUA instead of going 6" with an SUA.

Wow that's a lot higher than I expected it to be. Maybe I'll try using blocks, or just selling the set of wheels and tires and get some crager soft 8's and some 33's

Cant you just flip it, then adjust the shackle? its mounted on the farthest point right now, im sure if you flipped it then lowered the notch to the lowest or the middle one itll be fine.

I didn't think about that. Maybe I'll try that. In gonna paint the other fender on it today and get the new hardware on there. That way Monday I can put it in my name and go make some pallet runs!

A nice, tall tongue is really nice for towing off road, but a tall floor or gunnel is a PITA to load and unload.

Yeah I'd much rather just add some taller tires and call it good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom