My "new" Alaska '97 LX 450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did the PS Pump repair go @89GASHOG ?

Did you buy new, or rebuild the original?
Bought new Toyota from Wit's end. Also bought new HP line from Cruiser Corps. Thanks to local Mud member Advent's skills the repair went fairly well. We decided that crow foot wrench was necessary, couldn't figure out how anyone could get a flare nut wrench on the bastard. Getting the new high pressure line started into box was tricky. There is a bit of gear noise now, unfortunately, but perhaps it will go away as gear gets seated over time. Torqued to specs, followed a You tube video.

Bought new Toyota from Wit's end. Also bought new HP line from Cruiser Corps. Thanks to local Mud member Advent's skills the repair went fairly well. We decided that crow foot wrench was necessary, couldn't figure out how anyone could get a flare nut wrench on the bastard. Getting the new high pressure line started into box was tricky. There is a bit of gear noise now, unfortunately, but perhaps it will go away as gear gets seated over time. Torqued to specs, followed a You tube video.
Reused the original gear I assume?

Do you still have the old pump?

Reused the original gear I assume?

Do you still have the old pump?
Yes, reused original gear. Perhaps that was a mistake. As a correction, HP hose was purchased from Cruiser Yard. They sell the Rein (sp?) brand that has had good reviews in this forum. It's a fraction of the price for new Toyota.

I do still have the old pump.

OTRAMM has a video in which he says that using standard PS fluid rather than the correct ATF fluid with these pumps is one practice that can probably ruin the seals.

Yes, reused original gear. Perhaps that was a mistake. As a correction, HP hose was purchased from Cruiser Yard. They sell the Rein (sp?) brand that has had good reviews in this forum. It's a fraction of the price for new Toyota.

I do still have the old pump.

OTRAMM has a video in which he says that using standard PS fluid rather than the correct ATF fluid with these pumps is one practice that can probably ruin the seals.
Yes, I purchased the Rein hose as well as I've had a great experience with them on my Bmw's. It's the only aftermarket one that comes with the proper mounting bracket.

My LX didn't come with a trailer hitch, OK by me since it suggests the beast has never towed anything. However, I do want to use a bike rack so I bought this gizmo off Amazon that's intended for ATVs, I believe. Bolted right up to factory holes behind LX trim.

IMG_0427.jpg

My LX didn't come with a trailer hitch, OK by me since it suggests the beast has never towed anything. However, I do want to use a bike rack so I bought this gizmo off Amazon that's intended for ATVs, I believe. Bolted right up to factory holes behind LX trim.

View attachment 2720130
Looks like a shindigger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom