My New 75 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lets go wheeling sometime.

Anytime! i would love to go up wheeling some other land cruiser people. i usually just am a tourist guide for my friends. rarely ever do i get to see anything outside of browns. so anytime you want to go somewhere i would be 100% game i bet creeper sleeper would be all for it as well. i do recall there being something going on the 14th of this month with cascade cruisers might want to check out there site and see whats going on or also check out there TLCA forum as well.

Yep

Anytime! i would love to go up wheeling some other land cruiser people. i usually just am a tourist guide for my friends. rarely ever do i get to see anything outside of browns. so anytime you want to go somewhere i would be 100% game i bet creeper sleeper would be all for it as well. i do recall there being something going on the 14th of this month with cascade cruisers might want to check out there site and see whats going on or also check out there TLCA forum as well.

I don't really know where to go. I haven't wheeled in oregon except for Elk hunting in Ukiah. I think Brian in Oregon (fellow mudder) might be interested also.

I don't really know where to go. I haven't wheeled in oregon except for Elk hunting in Ukiah. I think Brian in Oregon (fellow mudder) might be interested also.

More people the better preferably more yotas the better!

Last edited:
well I got the axle housing all cleaned up and ready for the cut and turn. now is the worst part of this whole SOA project. got to sit tell I get enough money for my 30 spline Super Set, new gears, and locker front and rear. so for now im going to flip my springs and put them back on. im looking for gears and lockers right now so if anyone as some sitting around for sale i would love to buy some if i could.

Update!

Well here is a long needed update on my project. I just got back from college so have been back to the shop now that schools all over. hope i can get this up and running soon as well! Im starting to have wheeling withdrawals... been about 6 months... since the last time i went it was for 15 min before the cruiser stopped working. So right now how it sits is that i got the springs under it and the rear axle all soa. also have the front housing cut and turned. Got my fj60 knucles and my 4x4 labs hi steer! Let me tell you the steering kit is beefy! also got my ARBs and 30 spline longfields. now if someone would please produce the 5.29s ill be set to put this thing back together... in tell then im stuck... and have moved on to my bike for a while tell the release them.:cheers: also got my radiator bar bent and ready to weld on along with my front stinger bent and ready to weld on. should be done with that tomorrow.
here are a few pics... just for something to do.
Picture 188.jpg
Picture 187.jpg
Picture 147.jpg

one more pic and a quick question. so when i was removing the bearing from the rear axle housing i didnt take the time to notice which side goes in and which side sticks out toward the wheel. hope someone can help me before i mess something up. pics to help better understand. edit: that is the old bearing i took out so the new one will be going in that is just for refrence.

thanks
Picture 186.jpg
Picture 184.jpg
Picture 183.jpg

Umm... Well this is a very! old thread of mine. I have been inactive for some time now. Well here is a little update of the cruiser now. I am in between on if I should sell it or keep it. I have yet to take it out anywhere besides my own house.

August2007004.jpg

August2007006.jpg

IMGP4499.jpg

IMGP4506.jpg

IMGP4507.jpg

Dude, its in your blood. Don't sell or you will just want another one later. If your tired or frustrated, just walk away for a bit. Looks like you've done a lot of nice work and upgrades over the last two years. By now, you know the vehicle. For the money you will get now, it will be hard to replace later. Its not always about the amount of wheeling you do IMOP. Good luck.

Your young and have a lot going on, thats good but unless you desperatly need the money hang on to it! Let it sit until your ready. Otherwise your going to kick yourself in the ass someday. Do what you need to do to keep it. By the way, did you just flip the front springs?

how much trimming did you have to do to get those 39's to fit? seeing a pic of that makes me want to go to 37's instead of 35's. im planning on trimming but not crazy just enough to allow me to tuck in the rear and still keep the stock look

how much trimming did you have to do to get those 39's to fit? seeing a pic of that makes me want to go to 37's instead of 35's. im planning on trimming but not crazy just enough to allow me to tuck in the rear and still keep the stock look

Um... well you will have to trim alot. I can try and get a picture showing how much I trimmed. with 37s you wont have to as much but you will have to trim more then you probably want to. Also you can run a TJ rear fender I think it allows for a 37 to tuck in the rear fender.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom