My new 40.. needs a mechanic! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey AZ friends - New to this forum and a new 1970 FJ40 owner (photo below). I saw some older posts about good local mechanics and body shops.. but the threads seemed pretty dated (or I'm just a noobie looking in the wrong place). Anyone have a trusted mechanic and/or body shop in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area? Really appreciate any suggestions! - Eb

IMG_0350.jpg
IMG_0346.jpg

Richard Llilard 4803992310 they deal in old school and are only land cruisers

Richard Llilard 4803992310 they deal in old school and are only land cruisers
Awesome - I really appreciate it! I’ll give him a call. Hoping to be at the Four Til Four Adventuremobile morning meetup this weekend in Oldtown if youre in the area.

Quite a ways from Scottsdale, but if you are in for a little drive check out OLC in Sonoita.

OverLand Cruisers Inc.

Quite a ways from Scottsdale, but if you are in for a little drive check out OLC in Sonoita.

OverLand Cruisers Inc.

Ive read about this shop! May be too far but I’ll check it out. Appreciate it!

Always good to see another 40. welcome aboard!

congratulations on your nice-looking 40 :cheers:

another endorsement for Richard - best to contact him @richardlillard1 through this forum

on emissions-related issues, I bring my 40 to another old-school shop just about three blocks away from Richard - they have the equipment to measure emissions (and a hook-up with an old-school carb rebuild guy), they just don't have the manpower to spend the time driving your truck through the emissions testing station - but my 40 always passed after they took care of it

send me a PM on this forum ("communication" can be started under your profile), I'll send you that info

:idea: seeing that we are practically neighbors, we could meet up sometime around Labor Day and compare your '70 to my '72 :steer:

congratulations on your nice-looking 40 :cheers:

another endorsement for Richard - best to contact him @richardlillard1 through this forum

on emissions-related issues, I bring my 40 to another old-school shop just about three blocks away from Richard - they have the equipment to measure emissions (and a hook-up with an old-school carb rebuild guy), they just don't have the manpower to spend the time driving your truck through the emissions testing station - but my 40 always passed after they took care of it

send me a PM on this forum ("communication" can be started under your profile), I'll send you that info

:idea: seeing that we are practically neighbors, we could meet up sometime around Labor Day and compare your '70 to my '72 :steer:
Whats the name of that shop as Ill need to smog my 72 now thats its back together after 2 yrs:bang:

I guess I haven't posted it on here, but my 40 passed emissions two weeks ago :bounce:

the wait was longer than ever before . . . 45 minutes, but the saving grace was that it was overcast

as always, I had taken my long warm-up drive, and combined with the drive to the Evans Rd. emissions station, already had the engine warmed up for at least on hour - the additional 45 minutes kept it nicely warm, too

the weekend before, my husband had put the "Guaranteed-to-Pass" snakeoil into the tank and driven out to Needle Rock State Park and back - and even though the tank wasn't as low as they specify in the product instructions, I filled up with premium before I rolled onto the 101 towards testing - considering that the truck needs a carb rebuild, I hadn't inspected the air filter, nor had there been a recent oil change, I was quite pleased with the result :grinpimp:

Only one who will touch any of mine anymore is @inkpot , John. Might have a number for him, feel free to PM me👍

contacting either Richard (@richardlillard1) or John (@inkpot) will lead you to the same shop that we all use - they will take care of your truck :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom