My mistake, your benefit (for newbs..) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well if you end up getting rid of it, drop it by my grandfathers in bremerton and he can have one of his peninsula truck lines buddies ship it my way ;)

i think it looks killer but that thing has more nuts and bolts than you can shake a stick at ..its tough as hell but i guess all you hard core guys need something you can bash the sh!t out of every big ass rock in sight.:D
but for hauling ass/kids ,hitting bikes,killing a tacoma the arb is good 4 me but i like how simple slee rear looks but that new front thing he is making is nasty lookin. just my 2c worth.

Somebody should post the Slee bumper for comparison. The powder coat looks great! I'll make my opinion on the bumper after I see what Slees looks like.:flipoff2:
Nice write up. :beer:
~DMX

A) What's the little "door" right above the hitch ?

B) You (or anyone) know the weight of the bumper ?

i dont think its a door, i believe its the center piece that doesnt move.. Both of the lighter colored sections can be replaced with swing-out tire carriers/jerry can carriers

Loud - Bremerton? you know, some day I might take you up on that!! :)

I bet you like it Jonah, considering it's YOUR old bumper!! By the way, pretty much all the nuts/bolt/washers/spacers etc were THERE!! Amazing considering you had some body shop guys swap it with your new one... Thanks for the good deal, glad you like it.

twstrchasr - It isn't really a "door" it's just a cover plate that is used if you're not using a tire carrier or jerry can. I you have a tire or can carrier that plate comes off and a dual latch is installed.

My guess is about 140# for the bumper weight.

Dukerules - I have stock springs and Heavy Duty Bilsteins. So far they seem to be handling it just fine - we'll see how she does with my 150# KTM on the back hitch and some gear.... The ride height maybe dropped 1/4 - 1/2 inch in back with the ARB added to the rear. My guess is the front Sahara with the heavy ass M12,000 will drop the front more, maybe a full 1". I have the the HD Bilsteins up front as well that will help a bit, then I'll crank the T-Bars, that will help a bit too - I might even re-allign the T-Bars like Campfire if needed or ultimately just add OME T-bars... we'll see...

Loud - Bremerton? you know, some day I might take you up on that!! :)

I bet you like it Jonah, considering it's YOUR old bumper!! By the way, pretty much all the nuts/bolt/washers/spacers etc were THERE!! Amazing considering you had some body shop guys swap it with your new one... Thanks for the good deal, glad you like it.

twstrchasr - It isn't really a "door" it's just a cover plate that is used if you're not using a tire carrier or jerry can. I you have a tire or can carrier that plate comes off and a dual latch is installed.

My guess is about 140# for the bumper weight.

Dukerules - I have stock springs and Heavy Duty Bilsteins. So far they seem to be handling it just fine - we'll see how she does with my 150# KTM on the back hitch and some gear.... The ride height maybe dropped 1/4 - 1/2 inch in back with the ARB added to the rear. My guess is the front Sahara with the heavy ass M12,000 will drop the front more, maybe a full 1". I have the the HD Bilsteins up front as well that will help a bit, then I'll crank the T-Bars, that will help a bit too - I might even re-allign the T-Bars like Campfire if needed or ultimately just add OME T-bars... we'll see...

Your KTM is only 150? :hmm: That seems light to me, and is close to my trials bike weight. What are you using to carry it? Some of those carriers are heavy.
Can you post a picture of your bike carrier? :bounce::bounce2:
~DMX

sorry - 250#.... it's and 450 EXC

yep, riding in 3 weeks and will post a pic then with the bike on back - it's a tilt carrier that fits in the hitch - LOVE it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom