My key fob case broke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I find it difficult to spend anything more than $15 on a key shell. Search for Stauber on Ebay or Amazon ($12).
It's ugly but it's sturdy and strong. They come in different colors. I wanted a color that stands out.
View attachment 1959725
I just got mine yesterday, very impressed with it. The details on Amazon said it was for Lexus, no mention of Landcruiser, but the pics looked good so I went for it, and it's perfect. Thanks for posting this, I'm happy to have found a cost effective replacement.

The YotaMD one is so strong there is a post of a guy with one opening paint with it on GXOR lol

I recommend the YotaMD case. Solid!

IMG_3410.JPG

Cry once only if you’ve never lost your keys! Cry twice if you lose keys. Lol.

Otherwise, the YotaMD is a super nice high quality key case.

The YotaMD one sure looks like it fits in my “buy once, cry once” mentality; I doubt you’ll ever have to buy another one.

I have the key but don't have the remote case or internals. Is there another source for a case and internals besides the dealer?

Here's a thread on buying a Denso key fob from ebay from seller called 1010keys

After you buy the key, you still have to program the key fob and pair the key.

Ok so when I got my GX I had one aftermarket key and one broken Lexus key. I got these off Ebay:

LEXUS BROKEN KEY REPAIR SERVICE & REMOTE SHELL KEYS FOB CASE PRE CUT BY KEY CODE | eBay to replace the broken key fob, pulled the door lock to get the key code and it works perfectly, it's a Lexus branded key

(Blade Cut Included) 3B REMOTE FOB KEY EASY DIY PROGRAM KEYS for LEXUS w/4D CHIP | eBay to have a 3rd spare, got this one from a pic of my existing key, also works perfectly and is a Lexus branded key

Added this to all the keys for protection 3-Buttons Silicone Remote Key Fob Cover Case For Toyota Lexus Gx470 Rx350 Es300 | eBay

Finally I used techstream to program the keys and the remotes. Too easy.

My aftermarket Denso key fob case broke right around the screw that holds the case together. Now it pops open all the time and the controls fall off in my gym bag and sometimes on the floor.

I found two replacement kits. Anyone has used these as a key fob case replacement on the GX470?

YMD1 - Titanium Toyota/Lexus Key Kit

https://www.amazon.com/AJT-DESIGN-Injection-2008-2014-Cruiser/dp/B07H5NZV4S/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ajt+design+fj+cruis
er&qid=1555980496&s=electronics&sr=1-1

I'm leaning towards the AJT Design FOB Case since it's less than half the price and looks pretty sturdy.

Search for 1010key on eBay.

They have good quality keys for about $40 (KEY, remote, and the Key cut by photo lr key code).
You can program the Key yourself by watching this video on YouTube. I'll put the Link below.

One link is on how to program the remote and the other for the IMMOBILIZER CHIP that allows you to start the car.

My aftermarket Denso key fob case broke right around the screw that holds the case together. Now it pops open all the time and the controls fall off in my gym bag and sometimes on the floor.

I found two replacement kits. Anyone has used these as a key fob case replacement on the GX470?

https://www.amazon.com/AJT-DESIGN-Injection-2008-2014-Cruiser/dp/B07H5NZV4S/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ajt+design+fj+cruis

I'm leaning towards the AJT Design FOB Case since it's less than half the price and looks pretty sturdy.

Search for 1010key on eBay.
For about $40 you can have a whole new key, they'll cut them for you as well for that price and ship it to you, and you can program it yourself. I'll place the link below.

If you loose your master key is a big headache. Get a spare master key made by them if you don't have one!

Here is the link on programming your key remote and immobilizer chip

Search for 10 10 key on eBay.
Get a whole new master spare made for about $40 and program it yourself by watching this video on YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom