My !hz turbo pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In another thread I was asked to post up some pics of my turbo setup. In particular my pyrometer probe location.
So here goes....

turbo3.jpg

Engine bay shot of my DTS turbo system

turbo1.jpg

Shot of the Mitsubishi turbo showing the pyro probe on the left

turbo2.jpg

another shot of the pyro probe this time from underneath

:cheers:enjoy
turbo3.jpg
turbo1.jpg
turbo2.jpg

Also got a couple of pics of my fuel filter setup. It's a CAV Lucas 269 fuel filter set up with its own primer pump. The CAV setup is popular on trucks, tractors, buses, Land Rovers and other agricultural implements. Instead of the AU$40 ea for the OEM fuel filters I'm now paying AU$40 for a carton of 24 filters. The filter has a glass bowl with a water drain and its own primer pump that can be rebuilt using common sized o-rings.

fuelfilter1.jpg

fuelfilter2.jpg

BTW that item above the filter is my pump for my under bonnet shower system.
fuelfilter1.jpg
fuelfilter2.jpg

good stuff there mate , would love a turbo one day. Still trying to convince missus for a car shower.

Is the CAV used in place of or as well as the original filter.

I'm still hooking up the shower. I've got the pump mounted, wired and plumbed but I haven't mounted the heat exchanger yet. Gotta make some brackets(out of stainless) then tap into the heater hoses. The pump is pretty good though 17Lpm and 75 psi.

Aussie cruiser said:
Is the CAV used in place of or as well as the original filter.

I've replaced the standard OEM filter and mounted the CAV in its place. You could add a CAV in series with the OEM filter. If you did it this way you wouldn't need the primer pump and could just get a Land Rover Defender filter mount from the wreckers and use that. Would be heaps cheaper than buying a new filter. I went for the new one because my lift pump had failed and I already had enough clutter in the engine bay. BTW, I paid AU$130 for the complete filter setup.

They are great filters , have a similar one for my boat to trap water. They are really a must for any diesel where fuel from drums is used especially with a rotary pump. Just too easy to drain the filter at any time. Great set up on your truck.cheers

The boats we build at workhttp://www.platemaster.com.au dont use CAV filters as they don't flow enough fuel to supply the outbords. We use Racor filters in the boats instead. I haven't had any fuel flow problems in my 1HZ yet. For a 4by I prefer the CAV set up as spare filters are available anywhere.

BTW,Bigbrowndog we just sold the yellow boat in the link above to a guy in Townsville.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Raycor S3213,,, :D Just had a look LOL. :eek: I use it to fuel the 70 on my stessel tinnie, has been neglected for some time now.Looking forward to a trip to Normanton soon with it.. cheers
BTW prettty classy boats those, with agood rep.cheers

The black boat in the link has made it to the finals for the Australian Boat of the Year Awards. Here's hoping it does well. The green boat came 4th in its class last year and the back one has been refined a heap with a new hull design that is even better than the old one.

I don't have any specs on the turbo itself but will ask Simon from Gympie Diesel & Dyno next time I talk to him, we deal with them regularly at work. It is just a standard 1HZ kit from DTS. I've never looked at their website, it might be able to help you out.:cheers:

Just remembered that it supposed to be the same turbo as a EVO Lancer if thats any good to you.:cheers:

Just replaced my fuel filter element and thought I would take some pics to show those interested what these filters are like inside.

fuelfilter3.jpg

fuelfilter4.jpg

fuelfilter5.jpg
fuelfilter3.jpg
fuelfilter4.jpg
fuelfilter5.jpg

Some more pics of the filter. This time I was trying to get a shot of the diesel coming out while bleeding the system.

fuelfilter6.jpg

fuelfilter7.jpg

BTW, these filters can also be used on petrol motors as well.

:cheers:
fuelfilter6.jpg
fuelfilter7.jpg

If you use the CAV as a replacement what do use as a lift pump to prime the system when you change filters. From what you wrote earlier I take it that the Defender housing is the same as the CAV housing is that correct

My filter has a lift pump built in but it was $130, if you went for a Defender bracket you would need to retain the original filter as well to keep the lift pump. On the Defenders they are used without a filter element as a water sedimenter trap. All you have to do is replace the aluminium spacer with a filter. The Defenders lift pump is on the side of the injector pump and they have a sperate cartridge style fuel filter. Only the Tdi defender has this set up, the Td5 has a completely different fuel filtration system. The CAV bracket on the Tdi is on the outside of the chassis rail behind the LHR wheel.

Enough talk of Land Rovers it's bringing back too many bad memories, make the bad dreams stop......:flipoff2:

In the first photo in the second post you can see a black knob, this is the lift pump plunger. When not in use it screws into the housing. To use it you have to unscrew the knob then push/pull on the plunger about 40mm ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom