My expedition trailer build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's pretty slick. Are you going to have a divider internally so as to not have crap falling in the way when you have the kitchen extended?

Yup it will be sealed internally with a sheet metal divider which will double as support for the 30 gallon water tank thats directly above it.

That looks great! My second thoughts were, how are you going to seal it up? I remember you originally had angle on the edges but got rid of it?....because you made the opening larger? Also, I know you say you have 750lbs hinge rating but when you compound them you lose rating. The trailer itself will lean to compensate for this. I have two 500lb hinge in series that give me 80" total out from the trailer and you will need a leg. especially if you have your stove out on the end. I kept my stove on the first set of sliders to help with this just so I dont end up with a big pot of water 80" away from the trailer. It looks really good! Keep posting pics! I cant post any pics of my trailer cause my camera was dead this last trip and I dont have any time right now. I will get them up soon.

Last week I applied to the industrial design program at western washignton university. After alot of work and a interview i was accepted into the program along with 11 others. I ended up using my trailer as a review piece. I painted the whole trailer white. Its a pretty crappy paint job but it was mainly for the photots and photoshop could clean up the rest. Never the less theres sill alot to be done but I will be putting the trailer up for sale soon as i have moved onto another project. Id be willing to entertain offers as well as sell with or with out the tent.
review boards2.jpg

What other project? This trailer is awesome!

Congrats on getting accepted into Industrial Design school. Quite possibly the best major there is.

ha ha .. i havnt even camped in my trailer yet and have already started thinkin bout building another.. next time i will start from scratch though .... nice trailer by the way and i love the kitchen set up..

well i guess im in a bind and would like to sell this trailer to move on to other things. there is a few things that the trailer really needs and i will be working on it the next couple of days but i would still consider it a project trailer (needs a good strip and nice paint, rubber seals and other stuff. Im looking for $4600 with out the tent delivered to your door any where on the west side of the country.

I will consider selling with the tent as well but it will be an additional $1000

I will post in the for sale section as well

both. I cant help myself finish a few loose ends but the trailer is still for sale. :beer:

Gotcha. SS hardware is bling.

How do you like the swing out door? I still can't figure out why everyone hates on tailgates, but that looks pretty slick.

I wouldn’t say I hate a tailgate; I ran one for a while on this trailer before I went with the swing door. I can now say though that accessibility in this m101 is great I have excellent access on 3 sides now and can reach any where in the trailer with ease. You can always add drop down "tail gate" to the swing door for more table space if you want it.

few more pics from today I think I solved the stove fitment issues so all should be working soon.
IMG_6621.jpg
IMG_6622.jpg
IMG_6623.jpg

Locking door, sweet idea. I was wondering how you were going to lock it in with it like it was before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom